Parents calling out pitches.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
There are rules against unsportsmanlike conduct. I know you are trying to come across as knowing all things but you are wrong. I have had umpires make me tell fans to stop saying things at the college level. You need to get around a little bit before you opine on something.
I doubt your fans were doing anything as mundane as calling out pitch locations. Hmm, what were your fans saying? Were you the on-site administrator? They're responsible for dealing with spectators.

4.7.1.4 Ensuring the existence of proper sporting conditions and behavior of spectators throughout competition including ensuring the public-address announcement regarding sportsmanship is read (see Rule 5.8);

Rule 5.8 Pregame Announcement:

“The NCAA promotes proper sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner.

“Spectators are reminded that they are prohibited from entering the playing area or interfering with play. Profanity, racial, sexist or sexual comments, or intimidating actions, including baiting and taunting, directed at officials, studentathletes, coaches, spectators or team representatives will not be tolerated, and are grounds for removal from the site of competition. Artificial noisemakers, air horns and electronic amplifiers shall not be permitted, and such instruments shall be confiscated.

“Please be alert for batted or thrown balls that may cause injury to participants or spectators or damage to personal property. The NCAA, (home school name) and (visiting school name) thank you for your cooperation.”

I'd tell the umpire it is unsportsmanlike conduct and my team was not going to continue to play if this went on and if he didn't correct it I'd want to see the UIC.
Under NCAA rule 13.12, that would earn you an ejection and 2-game suspension.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck