TX vs. Ark game 3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Of course pitchers can turn spin in and out. Its the degree of spin that may not be equivalent to each other. My daughter throws her drop majority of the time. Though it is not with the same spin every time. Three locations straight and breaking in and out like a curve but down. Breaking-in they will say screw because that's the direction of the slant of spin.
The pitching coach for the college she goes to has different signs for each of her drop pitches. She doesn't get to choose which direction she wants to throw her drop, right, straight or left. Those are called using different signs.
She will throw a straight drop and
back-to-back put a twist on spin gets batters to chase and also gets her looking strikes. Very effective strategy mixed with rise and changeups.

Jul 13, 2014
Nashville, TN
I find it hilarious how they feel a need to post the "resumes" of the female announcers (never do it with male announcers). I tell my wife I need to see her resume before if I know if she will say something worth listening to....

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I find it hilarious how they feel a need to post the "resumes" of the female announcers (never do it with male announcers). I tell my wife I need to see her resume before if I know if she will say something worth listening to....
Have heard resumes of male announcers also.
Really think that stuff is just filler and fluff possibly also for marketing.
Certainly when they speak about the college coaches male or female they tend to give a history of both.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2