Leaping? Or replanting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
The really confusing thing is he doesn’t deny there is a replant. He is claiming there is a distinction between replanting and a crow hop. He admits a crow hop is illegal but he claims a replant is legal. I always thought those to be synonymous. I would love for some of our resident umpires to chime in, because he claims the umpires he talked to have no issue with what he is teaching them. It definitely looks illegal to me, but if it is allowed it probably will create an advantage to pitchers who learn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The really confusing thing is he doesn’t deny there is a replant. He is claiming there is a distinction between replanting and a crow hop. He admits a crow hop is illegal but he claims a replant is legal. I always thought those to be synonymous. I would love for some of our resident umpires to chime in, because he claims the umpires he talked to have no issue with what he is teaching them. It definitely looks illegal to me, but if it is allowed it probably will create an advantage to pitchers who learn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no ambiguity here. It's just an arrogant guy willing to break the rules for his students and dare the umpires to call them on it.
Screenshot_20230810_214511_Instagram.jpg

Jun 8, 2016
Can you replant without pushing off? (the rule is written in a way to suggest no “resulting in…”)