HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
One of the best that got the shift out of the way before swinging.

dHdhoPB.gif

Are you not seeing that the barrel is already starting to turn as her front heel comes down? The launch is being initiated as the shift is happening - shift and swing.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Are you not seeing that the barrel is already starting to turn as her front heel comes down? The launch is being initiated as the shift is happening - shift and swing.
Been down that road more than once... It equates to the difference between burgundy and maroon. Or... night, and later that night... Much of what both sides talk about are very similar, but the realization of that is just too painful to stomach.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Been down that road more than once... It equates to the difference between burgundy and maroon. Or... night, and later that night... Much of what both sides talk about are very similar, but the realization of that is just too painful to stomach.

One leg, both legs? Back, front ? Underneath, on top? Together, segmented? These are night and day. Black and white. Not similar. Not even close.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Only because of the way certain people explain (or mis-explain) the terms...
Only?

Maybe 2 legs. Every HLP hitter I’ve seen uses 2 legs. A big change. That’s actually when they gained a little leverage. pun intended. But the other stuff as seen through video is very different. TTB behind. Do you see Bustos doing that as a directional thing or a speed thing? How about the torso tilt? Reactional? Actionable?

Reactions: TDS
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
One leg, both legs? Back, front ? Underneath, on top? Together, segmented? These are night and day. Black and white. Not similar. Not even close.

I don't really use any of the words you used in this post. However, all of the things that I look for in a swing are present in the swing below. I'm guessing, but please correct me if I'm wrong, that most of the things you are looking for are in this swing as well. The fact that we both appreciate the same swing means that there must be some similarities. Sorry to break it to you...

m8ftpzf.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30