HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
After three days of teaching TTB:

JLI2010, Mike has plenty of drills for you.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I'm guessing TDS likes this a lot. ;) She's shifting to her front foot before swing launch, and working in front of the rear hip.

Learning the feeling of shift-and-swing, the pulling rear leg, and launching the barrel from behind the rear hip was an important step in my DD's swing development...

Yeah, I’m not so kin on no stride work done wrong. It’s to easy to become 2 legged, everything fighting one another.

Jack Mankin tried to sell that as rotational hitting. He would say all linear movement came to a stop and it was like a pole running down your spine and into the ground. And that was the axis you turned around, using both legs to help create rotational movements. The shoulders rotation was important for the upper body function, the lead arm/hand and lead shoulder pulling back. Bottom hand torque.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
This has been hashed over so many times already on here. Some think the body gets the barrel turned without any conscience effort to do it with the hands/forearms while others think the hands are directly involved. That is what it boils down to and we can discuss it from now till the end of time and nobody is going to change their mind.
I have been watching these discussions a long time. In most cases each side misrepresents the other side so the discussions are doomed from the start. I saw that happening on the first page of this thread so I didn't even bother paying attention to it.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Old but Gold !! Big movements but well managed.

s9yYyXX.gif

IcjOFkK.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Pretty much sums it up. Back pattern works. Gotta cast and tilt though to make it work. The oblique pattern is more natural. There really are no compensations w the oblique pattern. Just gotta get leveraged and use the obliques. Don’t need 1,001 drills to learn it. Or make it work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying