Dd # 2 8 u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
OK this is just a quick clip of my 8 U daughter. I am teaching her the sequence. I seem to think that they weight shift is decent, but she is hitting down on the ball or missing over the top rather consistently. Any quick tips?

May 16, 2010
OK this is just a quick clip of my 8 U daughter. I am teaching her the sequence. I seem to think that they weight shift is decent, but she is hitting down on the ball or missing over the top rather consistently. Any quick tips?

Interesting that she has the opposite problem from her older sister. She takes her hands from armpit toward the ball nicely, but she doesn't turn the knob up, or as some people say, "turn the barrel."

To keep the barrel and hands from continuing down too far, you need turn the knob toward the pitcher. This is done with the hands and arms. Arms mostly. The back elbow drops into the back hip simultaneous with the front elbow raising up.

Like this;

bonds-elbows.gif

May 22, 2012
jbooth, thanks for the great reply. yeah so funny how they have opposite issues, makes it harder for me to hone in. Thanks, we will work on this.

May 22, 2012
also have to say real quick that sometimes just a few words from someone like you and the light goes on for me

thanks again. Great forum here!

May 16, 2010
Here is an update on DD # 2. Further thoughts on her swing? Thanks

Nice improvement on the upper half arm usage, but she is collapsing the front knee as your other daughter was.

The head must stay centered and still. The front leg must straighten.

The older daughter needs to move the arms the way this one is.

LOWER THE TEE.

The sooner they learn that the pitch to hit is the one at mid-thigh, the better off they'll be.

May 22, 2012
OK I lowered the tee, we talked about straightening the leg and following through on the swing. THis whole tilt and follow thorugh thing seems so foreign to my DD's. We will keep working. Thoughts on this one? thanks

May 16, 2010
OK I lowered the tee, we talked about straightening the leg and following through on the swing. THis whole tilt and follow thorugh thing seems so foreign to my DD's. We will keep working. Thoughts on this one? thanks

She's getting the concept, but she's having trouble because it's so different what she was doing before.

She's correctly starting the barrel down, but now she is letting it continue down and that's why she's hitting the top of the ball and hitting the ball down. She needs to keep learning how to make it arc. She's starting the hands and barrel correctly, but then she doesn't keep the hands up. The hands need to go from armpit, toward the ball, and up to the front armpit, in an arc. She's letting the hands go down through the ball toward the ground.

It's just because of the learning process. She's over-doing the down now. That's fine, just keep honing it in. The "down" is only a brief movement at the start, then the hands and barrel must level out and go up.

Lower half movement is inconsistent, but she does do it pretty well sometimes.

Here is the swing path. Down and through as some might say. I call it an arc, armpit to armpit.

mannyswingplane.gif

Last edited:
May 22, 2012
DD # 2 had an 8u (coach pitch) game tonight. she had a bunch of great hits that I should have taken video of. I got only the last one where she was thrown out. thoughts on the swing? I know one swing doesn't show much but I see some differences. Thanks, I love this place!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing