Thoughts on this swing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
W=W is confusing weight and CoG.

its to your interpretation. It’s what you think happens during a shift. If you think the weight doesn’t shift until the front foot is down or until the foot has pressure, then ok. I think otherwise. I see it as a transfer inside the body. Captured, harnessed and used when thought to do so.

1615309209681.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
THe COG is gliding forward in a controlled fashion (balance) in preparation for the front to receive the weight of it. How's that?

Jun 8, 2016
dude😑 A shift. Lol. I’m asking you that question. There is a shift before the front foot uses it. Quantify anyway you like. Your best guess.
This was your initial question:

"Anyone wanna take a stab at when the front accepts the weight? No gotcha. I just want to see what others think."

If by "front accepts the weight" you mean "when the COG shifts forward" then maybe somebody can answer your question...

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I appended a question mark..I am not sure if that is what you mean..tell me what visual queues you are using to say this..
Question: IF there was a scale under the right foot and a man that weighs 200 lbs, as he strides out would there be less weight on that scale or would it still read 200 lbs. until his front foot touches the ground?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This was your initial question:

"Anyone wanna take a stab at when the front accepts the weight? No gotcha. I just want to see what others think."

If by "front accepts the weight" you mean "when the COG shifts forward" then maybe somebody can answer your question...

this is why ‘shift’ is so hard to understand when it comes to a swing.

Jun 8, 2016
Question: IF there was a scale under the right foot and a man that weighs 200 lbs, as he strides out would there be less weight on that scale or would it still read 200 lbs. until his front foot touches the ground?
"Throughout the stride, the trail foot pushed with a constant GRFx of 21% BW while the GRFz gradually rose from 86% BW to a peak value of 92% BW around −500
59 ms and then began to fall back down to 83% BW."

I am assuming a standard scale would measre GRFz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00