Thoughts on this swing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
bc the front leg accepted force. Imo it happens much earlier. Relative to a swing.

View attachment 21308
What happens earlier? When the foot hits the ground is the first instance when a ground reaction force is measured on the foot. That force is mostly due to the hitter's weight. As the swing proceeds, this force increases to the point when the hitter swings and you would see a large jump when you see the leg straighten.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What happens earlier? When the foot hits the ground is the first instance when a ground reaction force is measured on the foot. That force is mostly due to the hitter's weight. As the swing proceeds, this force increases to the point when the hitter swings and you would see a large jump when you see the leg straighten.

i said ‘front’ not front foot.

Jun 8, 2016
i said ‘front’ not front foot.
That makes even less sense...Your weight is a fixed number..you might as well have asked when does the front accept the length of your nose.. ;)

If you can, ask the question in a different way so it doesn't offend my sense of science please because in all seriousness I don't understand what you are trying to get at when asked that way..

Edit: Are you talking about positioning e.g. COG shift?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That makes even less sense...Your weight is a fixed number..you might as well have asked when does the front accept the length of your nose.. ;)

If you can, ask the question in a different way so it doesn't offend my sense of science please because in all seriousness I don't understand what you are trying to get at when asked that way..

Edit: Are you talking about positioning e.g. COG shift?

the weight shifts from the back mostly to the center or front of the body BEFORE the foot gets down in 95% of swings.. when does the front or center accept that shift. And how? Why doesn’t it leak like most amateurs.

Jun 8, 2016
the weight shifts from the back mostly to the center or front of the body BEFORE the foot gets down in 95% of swings.. when does the front or center accept that shift. And how? Why doesn’t it leak like most amateurs.
So a COG shift...?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I appended a question mark..I am not sure if that is what you mean..tell me what visual queues you are using to say this..

dude😑 A shift. Lol. I’m asking you that question. There is a shift before the front foot uses it. Quantify anyway you like. Your best guess.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00