Thoughts on this swing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I like the move out. I would throw her up in the zone all day though

Feb 25, 2020
Disclaimer: ‘balanced’ can mean 5 different things. But yes. And isn’t it always? Needed. but kinda obvious. That alone doesn’t help. It’s about the capture and the transfer. Look at the flow.

Are we using "chi" at the plate? This makes no sense.

it does help for players w a lot IR mobility in the back hip.it brings it back to a manageable level. It destroys a guys glute load if they’re tight in that hip joint. It also gives a sense of tension or load. But it doesn’t load anything. Nimo.

edit: not in a literal sense.

Why do we need glute load? Used to be obliques obliques obliques. Why is glute load important? What so important about the glutes?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Are we using "chi" at the plate? This makes no sense.

Why do we need glute load? Used to be obliques obliques obliques. Why is glute load important? What so important about the glutes?

‘balanced’ is equal and opposite forces creating balance in that previous post. If you cannot capture the energy/tension you will leak and compensate..

obliques are reactive. It’s sequential. We/I talk about them so the focus will not be on the hips and rotation to power the upper half launch. Flexion/extension of the hips and good posture should be reactive to a good capture/transfer of energy. No need to yank/spin this or pull that out.

The glutes transfer the ‘gather’ to the pelvis then to the middle. They leverage the legs as well. I have seen quite a few swings with leaky lower halfs and folks not understanding leverage. So I was speaking on it. I have spoke on this before. I refer to it as ‘riding a horse’.

Oct 2, 2017
Simple and effective. She is using some momentum and the hands come forward with her move forward. I do like the swings though.
Is there a difference with hands still behind the body in space even though they carried forward vs walking away?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Is there a difference with hands still behind the body in space even though they carried forward vs walking away?

20 years ago I noticed that some hitters hands come forward. One hitter was Sosa. Like you said the hands are still behind the body/shoulder.

I see her hands being carried and not necessarily coming forward to soon to swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812