Just Launch or Launch and Direct

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
If one has bat drag (which almost every kid on this board has), you can't think your way to success.

If one is a top college or MLB hitter, they already have good technique, and are mostly concerned with feels.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
If one has bat drag (which almost every kid on this board has), you can't think your way to success.

If one is a top college or MLB hitter, they already have good technique, and are mostly concerned with feels.
Do you believe a feeling or an intention can drive mechanics?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The best hitters adjust their posture to match pitch location. Others stay in their same posture and adjust their hand path more.
When throwing BP or front toss don't throw meatball after meatball. Make the hitter practice hitting balls on the corners of the zone and even out of the zone.
Locks my jaw when a hitter takes a strike during front toss. They are usually team leader in Ks. I find the best hitter are generally the most aggressive hitters.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The best hitters adjust their posture to match pitch location. Others stay in their same posture and adjust their hand path more.
When throwing BP or front toss don't throw meatball after meatball. Make the hitter practice hitting balls on the corners of the zone and even out of the zone.
Locks my jaw when a hitter takes a strike during front toss. They are usually team leader in Ks. I find the best hitter are generally the most aggressive hitters.

The good ones all do it the same. The hands are directed first but aren’t launched until posture is adjusted. If posture doesn’t need to be adjusted then it’s just launch w the hands towards the ball. Direct-launch.

Oct 26, 2019
Do you believe a feeling can fix bat drag?
For some kids, the feeling of “throwing the barrel“ could help fix their bat drag. that’s the tough thing about coaching, the queues and fields are so individual to how the person interprets them how they interpret them can impact the movement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles