Thoughts on this swing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
lmao. I’m not yoda. I’m trying real hard here. I guess we can put this on the shelf until some other time.
Here is an edit I made after you responded. A) Do you agree with the premise and b) is related to what you are asking?

To me, the more important question is the hitter balanced, e.g. the COG is between the feet, when they are ready to launch

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here is an edit I made after you responded. A) Do you agree with the premise and b) is related to what you are asking?

Disclaimer: ‘balanced’ can mean 5 different things. But yes. And isn’t it always? Needed. but kinda obvious. That alone doesn’t help. It’s about the capture and the transfer. Look at the flow.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This has little to do with the post but i like the way Machado back foot is toed in. It creates coil with less movement and keep head(eyes) quieter. That is a great swing.

it does help for players w a lot IR mobility in the back hip.it brings it back to a manageable level. It destroys a guys glute load if they’re tight in that hip joint. It also gives a sense of tension or load. But it doesn’t load anything. Nimo.

edit: not in a literal sense.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478