small rant about "looking for players to fill team"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Because there are not enough girls to start a team that's why. Too many times I see teams constantly needing players to fill their team so in other words they don't have enough. People this thread was never about girls not playing..it was about there being too many teams and not enough players. If there are enough players to fill all these teams then no one should need more players to fill out their team. as Msdinosaur said..."if there are enough girls wanting to play TB for a team" but there never seems to be enough

My impression is that is usually works out for most girls, with teams that can't get close enough to fill in with guest players either going ahead and picking up less-experienced girls as projects or disbanding and then the teams that are just short a few girls are able to fill their teams with the girls coming off the disbanded rosters. It's just messy, scary and frustrating for those involved. I wish sometimes that there was some kind of clearinghouse to help the process work more smoothly.

Jun 19, 2013
Lots of cold people on this one. At what age do you start "cutting" players for travel ball then? 12U? 10U? You wonder why we lose so many girls by the high school level? Maybe because YOU decided as a 10 year old they weren't worth playing the great game of softball. Oh, I mean they weren't worth playing against YOUR high level of player. Sheesh! Isn't that why we have A ball, B ball, and C ball? So everybody can have the opportunity to play? If there's enough girls to form a team, who are any of you to decide that young girls shouldn't be allowed to play a sport?! Think about it. What are all of us coaches really teaching? Are we teaching how to just field and hit a ball, or are we teaching young females to be confident and strong and successful in life long after their playing days are over?

You must have skimmed these comments because I read each and every one of them and taken it context I don't think anybody is saying what you are quoting them as saying. No one is saying these girls shouldn't play softball at all. Just because they aren't at a level for one team doesn't mean they can't find another team where they could play. The main idea was just that if there aren't enough players to fill all the teams made, maybe there are a few too many teams that is a big jump to what you are saying.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
you must have skimmed these comments because i read each and every one of them and taken it context i don't think anybody is saying what you are quoting them as saying. No one is saying these girls shouldn't play softball at all. Just because they aren't at a level for one team doesn't mean they can't find another team where they could play. The main idea was just that if there aren't enough players to fill all the teams made, maybe there are a few too many teams that is a big jump to what you are saying.

exactly!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing