PLS HELP! Thoughts on switching teams at 16U?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
It sounds like the team she is on does not have the same goals and aspirations as your daughter does. It's a simple decision. Get on a team with same work/drive/goals/aspirations/talent that will push her and help get to the level she wants to play at.

I was a dad coach for my DD multiple years. 2nd year 14's a similar situation started to show. Many of the girls/families on our team did not have the same goals and it was evident most, if not all were unwilling to make the commitment needed. We talked as a family and the best decision was to let our DD go to another org/team that was more aligned with her goals. It wasn't easy as the team was full of friends both on and off the field.

Ultimately it was the right decision to help our DD get where she wanted to go. Of the 14 players we had from that year, 5 have moved on to play in college. They too went out and found teams that fit their goals. My DD and one other who played together since 9yo stayed together. Everyone is still friends and they hang together regularly. It works out.

I was asked about not coaching anymore. It was hard. I love coaching (and I've returned to helping 10U/12U when DD went to college) but what I told people was....."this isn't about me. It's about my DD and her journey and helping he accomplish her goals". Seeing my DD reach her goals is more rewarding and satisfying than any satisfaction I could have received by continuing to coach her team.

Do what is best for your DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968