Rule: No sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Oh, but this was rec. ball. She stated, "Do you think we can pay the other team to not hit it to our outfielders?" Her daughter was a good player, but by no means over the top and I don't even think she plays travel. I just always sat on the oppossing side after that and when anyone asked me why I said that I didn't want to be near parents who can't support the TEAM and not just their child.

She was a nasty woman all the way around. Feel sorry for the kid.

GG

Where do you guys find all these people pretending to be umpires?

Oh we don't have to look for them, they usually just show up ready to get paid!

I am just kidding about the small percentage that makes everyone look bad (kind of like us school-ball coaches, and parents)! Not trying to go off on a tangent.
But seriously I was threatened with ejection once because a player tipped her helmet back on her head as she was going back into the dugout. It was a dead ball situation BTW.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
At DDs middle school tournament the catcher asked my DD if she needed her sunglasses to pitch as the sun was directly in her eyes. The ump behind the plate says "She can't wear sunglasses unless they are prescription". WTH..I had never heard this in all the years of playing softball.

The tournament director came over to talk to the coach and the ump. The director proceeds to tell the ump there is no such rule and asked why he said this. Come to find out, the opposing coach had told the ump this was a rule. It appears that it was his attempt to gain advantage, when they were facing DD. Oh, all of his players had sunglasses on when they were on the field.

Really?

Response from pitcher to opposing coach:

If you don't want me to wear sunglasses, that's OK, but I won't be able to see the catcher or batter very well because of the sun and there is no telling where I might throw the ball.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing