Question: How do you beat a good pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
There is a 16U team in our area that has a pair of sisters pitching for them. The elder is a 96 and throws mid 50s. Her younger sister is a Oct 99 birthday and in the 8th grade, she has always played on her older sister's team (they live in a remote area). The younger sister throws approx 60 mph. She is 6 feet tall. My DD team has faced her for the last 3 years. When this child was 11 years old, she was 5'10 and throwing upper 50s. Now that the girls are a little older, she is hittable as she has not grown as much as everyone else. She just got her size early.

Dec 9, 2011
PC I did.... Your DD will be grown before you know it.... Very nice player and I know she really works hard and puts the time in... Thanks for your time and what you show on here... The young lady hitting... very good

Dec 9, 2011
Oh yea PC I really liked the one in the house.... reminds me of the time one of my daughters we use to work on pitching in the hallway at home when weather was bad outside... LOL had to fix the ceiling several times.... and she went on to be a catcher at UK...several years back - youngest lefty pitcher in high school now.... hallway......

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC I did.... Your DD will be grown before you know it.... Very nice player and I know she really works hard and puts the time in... Thanks for your time and what you show on here... The young lady hitting... very good

Thx Joeman39 I think video is one of the best ways we can really help each other. I know when I seen the video on here of the 8 yr. old hitting off the tea, It has changed our season. DD was truly impressed. She has a little cousin who started playing this year... I sent it to her Dad. I'm willing to bet we saved him 2 years of the frustration we went through. Just a little 30 second clip.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Once again, let's keep the thread focused on the topic rather than going off on some bizarre tangent and getting into an argument about it.

The topic is how do you beat a good pitcher. Proceed.

May 21, 2012
Bunting!!! My daughter plays 12u rec/travel. Normally no one can get around on her in rec. If they do, it is usually a travel ball player. That's when she has to become a pitcher and not just work on her reps/spots. Just Saturday, one team bunted on us all game. My daughter didn't fault them for doing what any team would do but did get frustrated with the errors. We lost because of errors. A bunt should not end in a home run!!! Just remember because one may have a good pitcher, does not mean the entire team is on the same level. And if the pitcher is that good, the field probably does not get much action.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl