Rbi and hit rules question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
Thanks guys. I thought it she should have been credited with 2 hits and 2 rbis. Im not going to make a big deal of it but its kinda sad they told me that and wont give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis. Just really rubs me the wrong way.

May 29, 2015
Thanks guys. I thought it she should have been credited with 2 hits and 2 rbis. Im not going to make a big deal of it but its kinda sad they told me that and wont give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis. Just really rubs me the wrong way.

I'm going to be that guy . . . apologies in advance.

Is it more sad that they "won't give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis [sic]" or more sad that you are being so eaten by this that you are here looking for vindication?

Jul 3, 2024
I'm going to be that guy . . . apologies in advance.

Is it more sad that they "won't give a 12 year old girl credit for her hits and or rbis [sic]" or more sad that you are being so eaten by this that you are here looking for vindication?
You could be that guy. First of all, I was looking for clarification, not vindication on rules I didn't quite understand - read my very first post and like I said in my earlier post I wasn't making a big deal out of it nor did I other than ask very simply and nicely why isn't it while explaining my point very politely and nicely. Secondly, one of her coaches explained to me very nicely some of the rules and why one of them wasn't a hit or rbi and the other I think whoever scored it, scored wrong because what he said happened simply didn't happen so that's all I wanted to know and even though she should be scored another hit and rbi because what they said, didnt happen, I didnt push it as scoring errors happen and I also edited my prev post accordingly and explained to my daughter why which she was fine with.

Now, Ill be that guy too, the only sad thing is someone having an issue with a guy who very politely was sticking up for there 12 year old daughter because she was asking me why she wasn't credited for it as these kids track it and I was just asking why and wanting clarification! It's all good, I wont think about it again after this post!

Jul 3, 2024
I cant edit this but if I could I would remove the post. I wrote this without any clarification on there side of why.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Many of us have been around the block a few times and when looking back on DD's younger days I probably would have reacted the same way. But in all reality, does it really matter in the big picture? You will forget about this but if you even remember this, you might get a chuckle out of it.
Believe me. There were things that ate at me where I felt my DD was slighted, overlooked, didn't receive credit or recognition when it was warranted. I would say take lots of pictures and enjoy the game for what it is.

Jul 3, 2024
Many of us have been around the block a few times and when looking back on DD's younger days I probably would have reacted the same way. But in all reality, does it really matter in the big picture? You will forget about this but if you even remember this, you might get a chuckle out of it.
Believe me. There were things that ate at me where I felt my DD was slighted, overlooked, didn't receive credit or recognition when it was warranted. I would say take lots of pictures and enjoy the game for what it is.
I cant agree more!

May 29, 2015
You could be that guy. First of all, I was looking for clarification, not vindication on rules I didn't quite understand - read my very first post and like I said in my earlier post I wasn't making a big deal out of it nor did I other than ask very simply and nicely why isn't it while explaining my point very politely and nicely. Secondly, one of her coaches explained to me very nicely some of the rules and why one of them wasn't a hit or rbi and the other I think whoever scored it, scored wrong because what he said happened simply didn't happen so that's all I wanted to know and even though she should be scored another hit and rbi because what they said, didnt happen, I didnt push it as scoring errors happen and I also edited my prev post accordingly and explained to my daughter why which she was fine with.

Now, Ill be that guy too, the only sad thing is someone having an issue with a guy who very politely was sticking up for there 12 year old daughter because she was asking me why she wasn't credited for it as these kids track it and I was just asking why and wanting clarification! It's all good, I wont think about it again after this post!

Your initial post was fine. It was a legitimate, albeit trivial, question. It was the follow up that ran red flags quickly up the pole.

I can launch into a litany of reasons why I am "that guy", going back to being a kid trying to enjoy a game, the outdoors, and time with my friends, only to see it ruined by adults (namely my dad).

I can launch into a litany of reasons that I am "that guy", stemming from being somebody who did a lot of free and volunteer work for kids just to see it ruined by adults*.

I can launch into a litany of reasons that I am "that guy", having watched three daughters and a son play plenty of games in different sports, different places, and different climates, and who watched kids' games ruined by adults.

I can launch into a litany of reasons that I am "that guy", as somebody who does get paid to umpire, but has poured most of that money back into the travel and the avocation, as well as spent countless weekends away from my own family, duties, and responsibilities so that kids could play a game . . . that was ruined by adults.

If it matters that much to YOU (not your daughter, YOU), then keep the book. Read a rule book. Put some gear on and get behind the plate. Step up and coach a team. Step up and run a program. I can guarantee that 20 years from now, she is going to have no idea what you are talking about when you bring up that one tournament when she was screwed out of two hits by some POS dumb*** score keeper. Your question was not to defend a 12 year old kid's stats. It was to protect your parental bragging rights. NOBODY CARES BUT YOU.

*When I decided to walk away from running our local program, it was almost 11 o'clock at night and I was still at the ballpark. I was still at the ballpark dealing with the revelation that we had a coach molesting a player, and that three of my board members knew and said nothing. In the midst of this, I had a dad come back up to the ballpark to scream, yell, and physically threaten me (he had to be restrained). Was it because he found out about the coach and was concerned for players' safety? No, I could understand that. He had heard about that already, his problem was that they won their trophies that night and his teams' FIRST PLACE trophies weren't that much bigger than the other team's second place trophies. Yeah. Seriously. I mean, he paid $30 for his kid to play in our program from April to July, and that was the problem he needed to blow my phone up over for an hour and them come to hunt me down.

Man, just don't be that guy. Let your kid play and enjoy it -- both of you. Just sit back and enjoy it. You don't need to defend anybody's honor. You need to enjoy watching your daughter play and teach her to enjoy playing. It will be over soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl