question for all photographers" out there

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Christmas is coming and my wife would like a new camera to take pictures of our kids in their various activities. I see a lot of really nice action shots and would like to get some recommendations for a quality camera. Something easy to use with a good zoom lenz. We have a decent digital with an okay zoom I'm looking for the type we can change the lenses.

Thanks

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
That is what DD has and likes it a lot. I have not tried taking any video with it and slowing it down but for pictures and normal videos it is working out great.

Dec 20, 2012
Amazon.com : Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model) : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

Saw this one used at the last OSU game we went to. Lady in front of us was getting ridiculous zoom from end zone to end zone. Pretty awesome camera.

Good camera, you can see a nat's butt from a mile away. Got it to keep from carrying multiple lenses and constantly changing. The zoom quality is not the quality of a Digital SLR. But is very good allround camera. Plus has HD video works great! I been shooting Nikon for 10+ years but any of the major brands won't do you wrong.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I bought a Nikon bundle from Sam's. It came with 2 lens. I do basketball games and softball games for both my daughters and their teammates.
When I get home tonight will look at what model I bought.

SL

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
My wife gets good results with the Canon T3i (I think it is a Rebel) has an 18-250 zoom but I don't remember if it came with the camera. She had a Rebel before the T3i and got excellent results from that but apparently this camera enabled her to do a little more. The thing that is most difficult is taking zoom photos inside a skating rink. if you're outside, you'll be happy with the Rebel or T3i.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
I have a point and shoot similar to the sony one. I'm looking for more of a SLR type with different lenses etc. I'll have to take a look at sam's for the nikon one. Thanks for the help so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom