Opinion please?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
1) Put a written policy in place.
2) Say, "No, you don't get your money back."

Generally, getting legal or medical advice on a more or less anonymous bulletin board may not be the smartest thing to do.

Yeah, good idea.

I do want to mention something-- I referred to a situation where the same law firm filed 2 suits against me, and then threatened me with a third, and I fought them off by myself.

In that case, I did consult an internet forum, that is true. That gave me some ideas where to look. Through that forum, I found someone in my state who was dealing with almost exactly the same situation with the same law firm. He emailed me his legal papers, and referred me to an attorney in my city. I consulted with that attorney, got a few pointers, but decided to handle it on my own. I spent many hours researching the Wisconsin Statutes online.

At this point, there are non-disclosure agreements which prohibit me from disclosing the details of any of these cases. However, public records in Wisconsin do show I was sued twice by the same law firm representing the same client, and that both cases were dismissed with prejudice by mutual agreement.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
How much extra for rod holders, out riggers, and a cooler? :)

Not sure. I did discover the final price tag for the boat house in Chicago was $8.8 million, the bulk of that from public funds,

As for the smaller boat house in Madison, which has had about $1 million in renovation costs so far, the publc is allowed to use the docks when the team is not practicing. Plenty of times locals fish from the docks -- even during practice, when they are not supposed to. Sometimes the fishermen have to move out of the way when all the boats come in. So, people bring their own rods and coolers. A new boat rental place opened up next door, with boats and plenty of amenties. My kids will sometimes rent the standup boats. My DDs will go out in the lake for some sunbathing, while DS will padde as far as he can.

My DS loves boating, but he doesn't like boats powered by wind or motors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom