Bat Recommendations Please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2023
Hi, I am a new member here though I've been reading and researching as a guest for a while now. I am struggling with buying a bat for my 2 daughters. One daughter is 14 years old, 5'1" and 110lbs. My father had bought her a 29" bat last year that her coach said was too small for her so she used random bats and random sizes and as expected, she didn't have a great season hitting. She has only played for 3 years and is about an average hitter compared to the other girls on the team (though she has always been the fastest runner on each team and great at stealing). She really loves it though and wants to get more into it so I want to be able to get her a consistent bat to use this season. She can hit really well at batting cages and has had some good hits in games here and there so I think there is potential. She is going to play on the A team this spring and also plans to try out for the Freshman team and continue to play softball throughout high school (assuming she makes the team).

My other daughter is 13, 5'6" and 105lbs and is going to be playing for the first time this spring. I'm not sure if she will like the sport or never play again after this upcoming season, so while she needs a bat, I would prioritize my

I don't have a lot of money and would love to have them share a bat if that is even remotely possible. I would love recommendations for a durable bat (or bats if they won't be able to share). Thank you so much in advance!!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Hi,

First off, welcome aboard. This place can be a wealth of knowledge, if you can sift through all the noise.

As for the bats, I definitely agree with the coach. A 29" bat is too short for your daughter. For someone her size, a 32" bat would be the best route to go. Because she's small, consider a -11 length to weight bat, so a 32-21 would be what I'd suggest.

New bats are expensive, so consider buying used bats to save money. Many girls simply outgrow bats that are still in great condition, and most people will sell them at a fair price. I've sold a bunch of my girls smaller bats recently to people not wanting to pay for a new bat, and many others here and on other sites will do so, too.

There are several reputable dealers on this site, myself included, so if you do decide to go with new, we can all save you money off retail price.

The main challenge in sharing bats is if they're not on the same team, you could have a conflict. For the younger, taller daughter, a similar size bat would be a good option. If she doesn't take to the game, she can always give it to her sister, or you can attempt to sell the bat to someone else.

If you have any questions about specific brands and pricing, please feel free to message me privately, or call me @ (631) 942-3516

John
SPC Sports

Last edited:
May 28, 2019
Hi, I am a new member here though I've been reading and researching as a guest for a while now. I am struggling with buying a bat for my 2 daughters. One daughter is 14 years old, 5'1" and 110lbs. My father had bought her a 29" bat last year that her coach said was too small for her so she used random bats and random sizes and as expected, she didn't have a great season hitting. She has only played for 3 years and is about an average hitter compared to the other girls on the team (though she has always been the fastest runner on each team and great at stealing). She really loves it though and wants to get more into it so I want to be able to get her a consistent bat to use this season. She can hit really well at batting cages and has had some good hits in games here and there so I think there is potential. She is going to play on the A team this spring and also plans to try out for the Freshman team and continue to play softball throughout high school (assuming she makes the team).

My other daughter is 13, 5'6" and 105lbs and is going to be playing for the first time this spring. I'm not sure if she will like the sport or never play again after this upcoming season, so while she needs a bat, I would prioritize my

I don't have a lot of money and would love to have them share a bat if that is even remotely possible. I would love recommendations for a durable bat (or bats if they won't be able to share). Thank you so much in advance!!
TO share a bat, i would say a 32" -11 would be most ideal. the 5'1 dd could probably swing a 31" but it may not be ideal for the taller one.

I'd suggest bats like 2023 Mizuno F23 PWR CRBN. Or even a -11 Xeno.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you are trying to save money...I would always suggest a Mizuno...and you dont need a drop11 in Mizuno...they
are very balanced. Its a top of the line bat, but they leave plenty of meat on the bone for a store to help you out on prices
to not break the bank. If you need help, you can hit me up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22