HS coaches say they like multi-sport athletes but......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Big schools yes. Smaller schools in small towns no.
That makes sense. DDs HS has 65 volleyball players. 4 teams. And still had to cut some players. I believe all Varsity players also play club ball. If they don't they probably get nearly zero play time.

Side question:
Why isn't there a bench for volleyball? Wouldn't you want subs to come in with fresh legs?

Oct 26, 2019
That makes sense. DDs HS has 65 volleyball players. 4 teams. And still had to cut some players. I believe all Varsity players also play club ball. If they don't they probably get nearly zero play time.

Side question:
Why isn't there a bench for volleyball? Wouldn't you want subs to come in with fresh legs?
You mean like a physical bench? Or players to come off the bench? Most places they have both but the players don’t normally sit down.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You mean like a physical bench? Or players to come off the bench? Most places they have both but the players don’t normally sit down.
Yeah, physical bench. I have not seen a physical bench at a volleyball 🏐 match or tourney. Maybe it is a so cal thing? My DD is the setter and that position requires a lot of running around. Just think players might benefit having a bench. Basketball has a bench, right?

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah, physical bench. I have not seen a physical bench at a volleyball 🏐 match or tourney. Maybe it is a so cal thing? My DD is the setter and that position requires a lot of running around. Just think players might benefit having a bench. Basketball has a bench, right?
All the high school volleyball games I went to as an AD had a physical bench. When I watch college volleyball on TV I’m not sure if they have one or not because the players are never sitting down. Maybe at tournaments where they run multiple courts close to each other it’s a safety issue?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

Side question:
You mean like the bench in softball. Any reserve who sits on it gets reprimanded for not being on the fence cheering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802