Shoulder/trunk rotation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Coach @Jay Bolden drive by! @2pitchmom, you would be in very good hands with Coach Jay.

She looks really good. I might just ask her to either brush her pinky finger across her thigh, or try tucking the upper arm/elbow a little farther behind her hip bone. I like that she's pitching into her glove. She might try 3 into her glove and 1 to the catcher and repeat.

Jan 28, 2017
I think she looks really good. A couple of things with her drive that may correct the over rotation (she looks stable). Her left knee turns way in and then opens back up which promotes over rotation. I would work on her drive leg (right) being fully extended at 4:30. Also, being off the pitching plate at 3 o'clock. The last two leave her hips from being under her and she may be rotating for balance.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
do you have any suggestions on what drills with a Plyo balls would work for her.
Before you apply a remedy you need to know what the problem is. There is nothing in her motion that jumps out at me as a major issue. You have to be careful about chasing 'perfect' mechanics. For instance, if you had a pitcher who landed with her front foot at 90 degrees to the target line and then hopped a little in her follow through to take the pressure off her leg you might think that that is a serious flaw and has to be corrected. But then you realize that the pitcher is Karlyn Pickens and she just threw a 76 mph fastball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom