Official 2021 High School ball is all Political Thread!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Last year with most seasons canceled we didn't hear much about hidden agendas or politics with high school softball. Tryouts are happening now or will be soon. Any drama?

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
The biggest question on my mind is the overlap of HS and Travel. I don't see it as an issue for the majority of players, but pitchers need more rest.

DD HS coach is a former Pro and easily identified the talent pool so no drama there. Overqualified and glad to have her.

Apr 28, 2014
The biggest question on my mind is the overlap of HS and Travel. I don't see it as an issue for the majority of players, but pitchers need more rest.

DD HS coach is a former Pro and easily identified the talent pool so no drama there. Overqualified and glad to have her.

Definitely a different type of year for sure!
Nice to see some states allowing travel tournaments during HS season. These kids have been through so much. Allow them to play as much as possible

ian

Jun 11, 2015
DD's Sophomore season was filled with drama. Her softball coach/athletic director told her on the first day of conditioning she was going to play JV. Strange because my DD and Coaches DD tried out for the same travel team. His DD didn't make the travel team cut, mine did. His daughter made his Varsity team her freshman year. He got his way and my DD played JV, she tried out for the JV baseball team and made it! He yelled at her for going to the baseball team. The next morning I went to the office and asked to speak with him. The nice lady at the front desk said he was in the gym. I found him there. I talked to him.

I was so proud to see my DD playing baseball after experiencing the drama with that softball team. JV practiced with Varsity for the first month or so. At the end of practice baseball players would play a hitting game. Everybody gets 1 swing, if you hit a laser or a bomb you went to the next round, if not you were eliminated. DD made it to the final round against best Varsity player. They went back and forth a half dozen rounds and then the coach ended the competition in a tie. Not sure if he was protecting the Varsity player or letting DD share the victory.

We moved to Texas her junior year and she made the Varsity softball team. Those Texas girls can play ball. No drama at the Texas school. Just merit based competition. DD lost her Senior season to the covid. She was doing so well. In practice she was trading HR's with the SS Ol' Miss commit. I doubt she would have played college but it would have been nice to see the final HS season.

The drama gets worse. After we moved DD's friend from her old school told her there was some drama with her old softball coach. Coach's wife was also a teacher at the high school. She worked with some of the troubled boys, helping them transition from continuation school back to HS. They fostered one of the boys and he lived with them since he was 16. One day the foster boys girlfriend went through his phone. She found some texts that his foster mom had sent. Coach's wife wanted the boy to break up with his girlfriend or...... foster mom would tell the cops that he raped her. The boy was a minority and foster mom said they would believe her over him. Coachs wife had a long sexual relationship with their foster child. Girlfriend told her parents and coach's wife was asked to resign. I think she should have been jailed for the blackmail but thats not how CA teachers union operates.. That is some HS drama.

Apr 28, 2014
DD's Sophomore season was filled with drama. Her softball coach/athletic director told her on the first day of conditioning she was going to play JV. Strange because my DD and Coaches DD tried out for the same travel team. His DD didn't make the travel team cut, mine did. His daughter made his Varsity team her freshman year. He got his way and my DD played JV, she tried out for the JV baseball team and made it! He yelled at her for going to the baseball team. The next morning I went to the office and asked to speak with him. The nice lady at the front desk said he was in the gym. I found him there. I talked to him.

I was so proud to see my DD playing baseball after experiencing the drama with that softball team. JV practiced with Varsity for the first month or so. At the end of practice baseball players would play a hitting game. Everybody gets 1 swing, if you hit a laser or a bomb you went to the next round, if not you were eliminated. DD made it to the final round against best Varsity player. They went back and forth a half dozen rounds and then the coach ended the competition in a tie. Not sure if he was protecting the Varsity player or letting DD share the victory.

We moved to Texas her junior year and she made the Varsity softball team. Those Texas girls can play ball. No drama at the Texas school. Just merit based competition. DD lost her Senior season to the covid. She was doing so well. In practice she was trading HR's with the SS Ol' Miss commit. I doubt she would have played college but it would have been nice to see the final HS season.

The drama gets worse. After we moved DD's friend from her old school told her there was some drama with her old softball coach. Coach's wife was also a teacher at the high school. She worked with some of the troubled boys, helping them transition from continuation school back to HS. They fostered one of the boys and he lived with them since he was 16. One day the foster boys girlfriend went through his phone. She found some texts that his foster mom had sent. Coach's wife wanted the boy to break up with his girlfriend or...... foster mom would tell the cops that he raped her. The boy was a minority and foster mom said they would believe her over him. Coachs wife had a long sexual relationship with their foster child. Girlfriend told her parents and coach's wife was asked to resign. I think she should have been jailed for the blackmail but thats not how CA teachers union operates.. That is some HS drama.

That went from foggy to 🔥
Omg.. glad you guys left that situation.
Is your DD playing ball, club? Maybe walk on? Sounds like she can hit!!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
That went from foggy to 🔥
Omg.. glad you guys left that situation.
Is your DD playing ball, club? Maybe walk on? Sounds like she can hit!!

Oldest DD has retired. She is living life and having fun. The ball is still going strong at the house though. My youngest son is 13. He throws seventy-poo has curve that falls off the table like it weighs 100lbs and hits bombs. His travel coach is ex MLB . Coach told the boy he has a chance to be a pitcher. My other DD is 11 and loves softball. Probably the best athlete out of the group. She is getting ready for travel.

Apr 28, 2014
Oldest DD has retired. She is living life and having fun. The ball is still going strong at the house though. My youngest son is 13. He throws seventy-poo has curve that falls off the table like it weighs 100lbs and hits bombs. His travel coach is ex MLB . Coach told the boy he has a chance to be a pitcher. My other DD is 11 and loves softball. Probably the best athlete out of the group. She is getting ready for travel.

That's great! Tons of fun in your future! Enjoy

Reactions: ian
Jun 7, 2016
Lots o'drama at the Jersey Shore (no Snooki needed). Volleyball got pushed from Fall to Spring, pretty sure our 1B and CF will be doing VB. SS said she is not playing as she blew out her knee after So year travel ball (wrestling with her dog). C is a swimmer and will likely miss the preseason and maybe some games. Unfortunately, we are not a large school so the depth chart is as shallow as a news anchor. Only redeeming feature according to DD is that she will get to see/play against some of the TB friends she has made over HS years before graduation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish