High School Daddy Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Do you have access to the applicant list, their asking salaries and the AD’s budget?

Obviously not but I am aware that there were multiple applicants and it’s a desirable job at a larger school with good community and parent support. It’s a pattern in this case…3 in a row…2 who quit immediately after their own kids graduated. I stand by my statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I stand by my statement.

Congrats..wasn’t expecting you to retract it..

Can you give me a reason for why the AD would favor parent coaches over equally viable candidates?

Apr 14, 2022

Can you give me a reason for why the AD would favor parent coaches over equally viable candidates?
We assuming the AD made the decision? It is not superintendent or board members cousin’s wife’s sister?

One reason. The AD probable coached his kid. Thought he was perfectly objective and sees nothing wrong with it.
Any parent that complained when the AD was coaching their kid was just one of THOSE parents.

Apr 1, 2017
We assuming the AD made the decision? It is not superintendent or board members cousin’s wife’s sister?

One reason. The AD probable coached his kid. Thought he was perfectly objective and sees nothing wrong with it.
Any parent that complained when the AD was coaching their kid was just one of THOSE parents.
We get it, you hate parent coaches.

But every "reason" you just listed could be the same for a non-parent coach.

Jun 8, 2016

Sure those are all possible scenarios. Look I am not saying nefarious things don’t happen in school ball only that this site makes it seem like that is the norm and I just don’t think that is the case and hence assuming that is happening without having all the information is not the right approach 🤷🏽‍♂️

Apr 14, 2022
We get it, you hate parent coaches.

But every "reason" you just listed could be the same for a non-parent coach.
Never said I hate parent coaches just should be avoided whenever possible and gives a bad appearance.

To me most that volunteer either cannot cut the cord, or is more than likely looking out for their kid.

Have a great group parent coaches for dd travel ball team.

I think you missed the point being a parent is a reason not to coach. Many schools do not see that as a negative.

Aug 5, 2022

I wish I could give you a reason since it’s utterly baffling.

Apr 14, 2022
Sure those are all possible scenarios. Look I am not saying nefarious things don’t happen in school ball only that this site makes it seem like that is the norm and I just don’t think that is the case and hence assuming that is happening without having all the information is not the right approach 🤷🏽‍♂️
Some schools maybe fine and you never hear of the good
With 27000 schools I am sure 2-3k that are pretty bad.

May 21, 2018
Some schools maybe fine and you never hear of the good
With 27000 schools I am sure 2-3k that are pretty bad.
I'm guessing this is far more common in small town, lower budget school districts.

DW was on the school board in the town we previously lived. It's very much of a "social club" atmosphere, for lack of a better term. Friends take care of friends. Friends hire friends to coach the sports team......said friend/coach starts his freshman son on the varsity basketball team.....the son is terrible.....the son starts racking up stats that get reported in the paper......no one remembers these stats happening....other parents start keeping stats on their own.....comedy ensues.

This is an ongoing situation. It's really entertaining to witness from afar, but probably not as funny when you are in it.

Oct 4, 2018
I gotta say with my experience I prefer parent coaches. My girls have had four non-parent coaches. They:

1. Seem to cancel practice/games/tourneys in iffy weather faster than parent coaches
2. Don't really understand as well the conflicts of parenting and multiple kids
3. Have less vested interest in girls' futures
4. Still play favorites, and in many cases do so more than any parent coach I've had

Of course this is just my limited experience and there are good and bad coaches of all kinds.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812