moving my current team to a new organization

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 30, 2024
Has anyone ever pulled their team from an organization mid season and started their own team with the current girls?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Assuming it it is travel, any one can make their own team for whatever reason at any time. No one 'owns' the players or can stop them going to different rosters or stop it.

I will say one thing - you are not getting any of your money back. Consider it the cost of doing this.

Why you are doing it (and there is way more bad reasons then good ones) is irrelevant.

Sep 30, 2024
Assuming it it is travel, any one can make their own team for whatever reason at any time. No one 'owns' the players or can stop them going to different rosters or stop it.

I will say one thing - you are not getting any of your money back. Consider it the cost of doing this.

Why you are doing it (and there is way more bad reasons then good ones) is irrelevant.
yes, travel team.
we are the coaches and the "owner" is toxic and never acknowledges this team in anything he does. We have all money and enter our own tourneys and handle everything on our own.
We just aren't sure about how to handle pulling them and not order all new uniforms, this early in the season.
We are pretty positive the whole team would follow us in the decision. we just do not want to put any more expenses on them.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yes, it can be done. We did it at the end of the season a few years ago, and it was the right move. You must ensure you have all your ducks in a row, i.e., field permits, winter workout locations, uniforms, bags, helmets, and insurance. Depending on what type of tournaments you play, you may need to get a release from the current roster.

Are you planning to join another organization or start a one-off team? If it's the latter, you may find the work even more cumbersome, especially when it comes to tryouts.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Going to have to order new uniforms if the old org has their name on them - well at least jerseys/tops.

However, that doesn't have to be expensive. A couple of drifits with a one color team name and a number on the back (and maybe front) is not expensive. You can get those printed at done for less than $20 and they look just fine. Sure you wont look as 'cool' as some teams, but beating the hell out of some team that spent $150+ on their jersey is very satisfying.

DD's HS aged teams all did this - cheap uniforms - and were nationally competitive. Also solid colored pants (we did Black and White) from whatever brand best fit the player which actually looked better than 'forced' pants as we could accommodate all body types easily. Spent the money on more meaningful things and travel.

Let me guess..... 12U team or below.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2024
Going to have to order new uniforms if the old org has their name on them - well at least jerseys/tops.

However, that doesn't have to be expensive. A couple of drifits with a one color team name and a number on the back (and maybe front) is not expensive. You can get those printed at done for less than $20 and they look just fine. Sure you wont look as 'cool' as some teams, but beating the hell out of some team that spent $150+ on their jersey is very satisfying.

DD's HS aged teams all did this - cheap uniforms - and were nationally competitive. Also solid colored pants (we did Black and White) from whatever brand best fit the player which actually looked better than 'forced' pants as we could accommodate all body types easily. Spent the money on more meaningful things and travel.

Let me guess..... 12U team or below.
yes, cheap way is fine with us!

10u team

I think we would have to get all new insurance in new name though?!?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jbidwal