Interesting development

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
And there is the new Huskie team/coach that is on their 3rd organization in as many years.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We just had a new organization in CT announce their creation (July 1).

By July 14 they had a new announcement that they were becoming part of RI Thunder.
They're having trouble holding players. Their 18U National team broke camp in the fall with 19 players on their roster, but there are only 11 left.

May 29, 2015
tumblr_o1uz3z5tEk1so18vqo1_500.gif

If you get it, you get it.

Jan 1, 2023
I'm sure Lotti is thrilled with that development. And he's been expanding into CT for a few years now.

There is at least one member on here who's daughter played with the NJLD in 2024. Maybe he'll chime in.

From what I’ve been told, there were issues when the 18-u teams combined (NJ and what was left of the old National team) to play in Colorado and Atlanta. So the move wasn’t surprising.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
From what I’ve been told, there were issues when the 18-u teams combined (NJ and what was left of the old National team) to play in Colorado and Atlanta. So the move wasn’t surprising.
I heard the story from someone on the 18U team. It was rather disturbing, if true.

Oct 26, 2019
I coach one of the 70 Unity teams. The money we pay to the organization is less than most local teams. They leave us alone and let us do what we want with our own team. I’ve had a good experience so far - no complaints FWIW. Our area has seen a lot of the bigger organizations move in over the last few years. Firecrackers, Unity, Bombers, lady dukes, etc.

Aug 5, 2022
I coach one of the 70 Unity teams. The money we pay to the organization is less than most local teams. They leave us alone and let us do what we want with our own team. I’ve had a good experience so far - no complaints FWIW. Our area has seen a lot of the bigger organizations move in over the last few years. Firecrackers, Unity, Bombers, lady dukes, etc.

As an organization does that hands off approach dilute the brand? Do they care if they have teams that should still play rec ball all the way through national champion caliber teams? Maybe they don’t and that’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
As an organization does that hands off approach dilute the brand? Do they care if they have teams that should still play rec ball all the way through national champion caliber teams? Maybe they don’t and that’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point. Unity has some great teams, but there's no way all 70 will be competitive at that level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831