Interesting development

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
Huskies have some issues. I implore people to really kick the tires and understand the dynamics of the team their daughter will be joining if the Huskies are the desired path.
Everyone should absolutely do their due diligence before joining any team.

Do you have any specific concerns about the Huskies to share.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No - the “brand” is based off the top “national” teams. In that respect, Unity has done very well. Several Unity players were in the all-American game televised recently. I don’t think the quality of the other (lower) teams matters much. I think the Canes baseball organization has proven this. Once you get big, there is no quality control on other teams. The “brand” is established at the very top.
All organizations are that way. People just need to do their homework and make sure they're getting what they are paying for. Too many naive parents think because they're wearing a certain jersey that they are getting the same treatment as the top teams.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well, it appears Lamar is getting sassy. Taking digs at other organizations shows his lack of class. But, then again, most of us knew that already...

IMG_20240728_090345.jpgScreenshot_20240728_090100_X.jpg

Jan 1, 2023
Well, it appears Lamar is getting sassy. Taking digs at other organizations shows his lack of class. But, then again, most of us knew that already...

View attachment 29893View attachment 29894

This is pretty tame. A former coach likes to troll my DD through his team’s social media account 8 months after she left his team.

Heck, even a former member here went on her social personal social media and started trolling her.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This is pretty tame. A former coach likes to troll my DD through his team’s social media account 8 months after she left his team.

Heck, even a former member here went on her social personal social media and started trolling her.
Are you staying with the new Unity teams in NJ?

Jun 18, 2023
Doesn't read like a dig to me, nothing wrong with a little sass. (I say as someone that definitely doesn't fall into the 'already understood' camp)

Oct 26, 2019
All organizations are that way. People just need to do their homework and make sure they're getting what they are paying for. Too many naive parents think because they're wearing a certain jersey that they are getting the same treatment as the top teams.
Yep. Kids play for coaches, not teams or organizations. Kids quit/leave coaches and not teams/organizations.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yep. Kids play for coaches, not teams or organizations. Kids quit/leave coaches and not teams/organizations.
That's a good point. I know of a certain coach of an 18U National team who broke tryouts with 19 girls on the roster. But the time they left for PGF, they were down to 11 girls from that group. In fact, they had four leave after the IDT and ERIS alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968