Interesting development

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I know the coaches in the Thunder organization,so I'd be curious as to who that was...

And don't forget CT Impact showed up a few years back. Now the Empire State Huskies are on Long Island.
What do you think about the huskies coming to Long Island? Looks like they only have a 16u team listed as of now. Did they swallow up (merge) with somebody here already to get started?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What do you think about the huskies coming to Long Island? Looks like they only have a 16u team listed as of now. Did they swallow up (merge) with somebody here already to get started?
Yes, that's the old 2008 Blue Fire team under Eric Petruskie. They're running tryouts, trying to recruit more teams. Joe isn't involved in Blue Fire anymore, so maybe they'll absorb those teams now.

Jun 11, 2020
I'm sure Lotti is thrilled with that development. And he's been expanding into CT for a few years now.

There is at least one member on here who's daughter played with the NJLD in 2024. Maybe he'll chime in.
Lotti is no longer the principal owner of RI Thunder, correct?

Jun 11, 2020
Huskies have some issues. I implore people to really kick the tires and understand the dynamics of the team their daughter will be joining if the Huskies are the desired path.

Oct 26, 2019
As an organization does that hands off approach dilute the brand? Do they care if they have teams that should still play rec ball all the way through national champion caliber teams? Maybe they don’t and that’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No - the “brand” is based off the top “national” teams. In that respect, Unity has done very well. Several Unity players were in the all-American game televised recently. I don’t think the quality of the other (lower) teams matters much. I think the Canes baseball organization has proven this. Once you get big, there is no quality control on other teams. The “brand” is established at the very top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968