Leaping? Or replanting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 13, 2021
We against Powerhouse Mechanics pitchers fairly regularly in SoCal. Didn't see any leaping. Haven't heard of any PCs other than PHM coaching this technique in SoCal.

May 3, 2023
One of the organizations that teach pitching in Northeast are not only teaching leaping but have their pitchers add an extra jump after release to try to mess up batters timing. The problem with that is some of their pitchers are actually crow hopping and can’t understand when umpire calls illegal pitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
One of the organizations that teach pitching in Northeast are not only teaching leaping but have their pitchers add an extra jump after release to try to mess up batters timing. The problem with that is some of their pitchers are actually crow hopping and can’t understand when umpire calls illegal pitch!

What organization is that?

Jun 4, 2024
Earth

Does it look
Something like a pitcher finishing with a walkthrough?
( but more explosive)

Or

After they finish they sort of leap/step and round off squaring to the batter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805