Is it okay?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The band camp joke began with the movie American Pie with the line this one time at band camp being followed by a graphic discription of self pleasure and a flute. But yes they have band camp. The one most HS kids go to is to learn all the music and the marching show for the football halftime performance. Which is also the show they use in any competition they enter. They wake up at 6:30 and from then until 8:00 pm their day is scheduled. Other the. Meals they have 1 hour a day of free time. Usually there is a scheduled activity every night as well. One night this year they had dodgeball my dd surprised the he k out of a lot of the staff there. She plays tenor sax last spring she won the 1st chair and had a long solo during the concert competition they entered.

My dd would probably hang me if she knew I said Tenor Sax when it is clearly an Alto Sax that she plays

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My gosh, there was band camp long before there was softball camps. I graduated HS in 1972 and there was band camp. Marching band in college was brutal. I chose to play in the band that just sat in the stands at the football games.

My son did College Marching band for 2 years, he had to quit this year because of the time commitment was too much for his studies.

Apr 1, 2010
Ha! I played the violin. Nails on a blackboard and unlike the band instruments, you never need to pause to draw a breath. :-D

Plus, no marching. Strings play indoors and, except for the string bass, seated.

I am truly fortunate that DD chose the cello. Even the bad notes are pretty mellow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz