I thought I had seen it all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2014
Reminds me a little bit of another peeve of mine, when a kid with the take sign puts the bat out like a bunt and waves it around to distract the pitcher, classless. I'm pretty old, but when I played, the pitch would go right at the batters belt buckle whenever this happened. Of course, that was HS ball, not 10u fastpitch. BTW, that facility looks like a stock yard.

Jun 18, 2010
Well folks we now know (or confirmed) our resident troll is from Ohio and if you read through the thread I linked to you see the same psycho behavior exhibited there. I can't believe this person has any association with kids or kids sports. What a shame.

BTW, I downloaded the video before you removed it.

Dec 19, 2012
Both teams in the video are from well respected organizations in Ohio. The organizations themselves would neither expect nor condone this type of play. As far as whether or not the child was taught this tactic as applied was explained by the Head Coach in a thread on another board (link is above in another post). If the umpires knew the rules it would have been dead ball, batter out, runner back to 1B, and this incident goes away without notice. Was the Head Coach telling the truth in his explanation? Who knows, but personally I will take him for his word until and/or if it happens again. I also firmly believe that if the organization felt that this tactic was taught there will be consequences posed by the organization itself.

Disclaimer: I do not have any affiliation with either organization.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Okay then...
This "fake bunt" was a little over the top and there probably should have at least been some sort of warning. But if any coach is trying to say they didn't teach this, they are lying. A kid does NOT just do this on her own. Just sayin'.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Read both threads. Sounds like folks from two rival organizations making much of nothing. I wish that was the most egregious behavior I have seen in 10U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom