I thought I had seen it all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
If you watch the catcher after the play, you see her looking to blue, a parent, a coach, or anybody for that matter like: "Did you see that?!? What the hell?!?"

That coach needs to retire. I would pull my kid instantly from the game if a coach asked my kid to do something as slimy as that.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I have always said that parents (and coaches) of 9, 10, and 11 year olds are crazy. I am now extending this to those who feel compelled to react to and complain about a 10U game to which they (allegedly) have no connection. There are plenty of things "taught" at 10U that would be considered stupid at any other level. I put this in the same category. Time to move on to a new subject.

Feb 12, 2014
Looks to me like an overzealous ten year old was given the fake bunt sign to block catcher and she took it to an extreme. I can't believe ANY coach would teach this .

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
I have always said that parents (and coaches) of 9, 10, and 11 year olds are crazy. I am now extending this to those who feel compelled to react to and complain about a 10U game to which they (allegedly) have no connection.

I dunno. Occasionally we all feel moral indignation over things that don't directly affect/concern us. This OP just overreacted to our underreaction.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I don't condone nor teach bush league tactics but if this was 14U and my DD was catching I'm thinking I know where the next pitch is being called. Or I'm thinking since the batter is moving during the throw my DD will just run through her to make the throw down to 2nd. My DD rarely loses on the collisions.

Ultimately this is a taught behavior and not needed. But this is one of many taught bush league moves. I also hate the fake bunt waving bat move. But since there's no "WRITTEN RULE" that I know of about it I guess it's legal???

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
So you don't think this is out of the ordinary. Yea its those crazy 10 u parents. PA SB you can move on at any time but Im glad you felt compelled to post in my thread. I have news for you , a lot f 10 u parents have older kids also. I posted the video because I thought the coach was a sleeze ball, that's why! I also know that this wasn't the only time this happened in the game, so I guess both kids just made it up!

Don't pea on my leg and tell me its raining. I m not complaining about the game, I'm complaining about the coaches.

Your 10 u parent stuff is old and makes no sense.

Friendly advice Valley Force. Attacking every comment on this board won't help you. There are some pretty smart people that post on here, just hear them out. They often don't agree with me either and can be frustrating but attacking them? I don't think there are many people that approve of the actions in the video but you aren't going to get the mob with pitchforks marching towards ohio to help you ban this coach from softball.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Its illegal, I looked into it. You have to make the attempt at the ball, NOT THE CATCHERS FACE!

Looks to me like the attempt was made. Might be a piss pore attempt but the attempt was made. Batter never touched the catchers face and the ball appears to be thrown high and outside.

Nov 17, 2010
to recap--

You join a new board just to further publicize something already being discussed on the local board in the area this happened.
You do not get 100% agreement that your particular opinion is perfectly correct.
You act as though everyone is stupid and just doesn't get it.

Sounds like you and this coach that did this are just two sides of the same coin and your true beef is you didn't think of it first.

I hear he beats his wife and kicks puppies, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom