I thought I had seen it all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
to recap--

You join a new board just to further publicize something already being discussed on the local board in the area this happened.
You do not get 100% agreement that your particular opinion is perfectly correct.
You act as though everyone is stupid and just doesn't get it.

Sounds like you and this coach that did this are just two sides of the same coin and your true beef is you didn't think of it first.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
SHAMEFUL CLASSLESS SCUMSUCKING LIAR COACH!!!! AAARRRRRGH!!! LET'S ALL SWILL SOME OLD MILWAUKEE AND BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN TONIGHT!!! WHO'S WITH ME, HUH???!!!

There, was that what you were looking for?

Apr 8, 2013
The batter is at much more risk than the catcher in this play. Slow it down and look, the batter takes her eye off the pitcher and doesn't return her eyes back until the ball is halfway to her. Not enough time to react if the pitch was at her. Catcher should be fine, they get hit by foul tips and bouncing pitches all the time. Broken finger? Only if her throwing hand is in the wrong position. If you ran this play 100 times with a pitcher who didn't have good control I would bet the farm the batter gets hurt way more than the catcher.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Catcher should be fine, they get hit by foul tips and bouncing pitches all the time. Broken finger? Only if her throwing hand is in the wrong position. If you ran this play 100 times with a pitcher who didn't have good control I would bet the farm the batter gets hurt way more than the catcher.

So, you're saying the coach who taught this strategy is putting not only the catcher, but the batter at risk?

A catcher who loses sight of a pitch can most definitely be injured. It doesn't take much to cause a concussion, even when catcher has a mask.

Jul 23, 2014
It doesn't make sense to me how this was allowed to go on. I can't imagine a coach or parents for that matter that wouldn't be flipping out if that happened in a game around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom