I thought I had seen it all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2013
Shameful. If that happened in adult play the next pitch would be in the batters ear and deservedly so. Where was this at? Looks like an indoor facility maybe?

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Teach sliding? Im not sure what this has to do with sliding? Heck I thought the kid slid pretty well , except her face was facing the play!

ANYWAY, Not the focal point if the video.

Not the focal point ??? Why would she be putting bat into catchers face ? Maybe to shu a fly.... She was trying to mess w/catcher to advantage the runners steal. I think it is a weak slide .... probably why they are helpin :cool:

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Interesting.

She is 10YO, 10Yos do a lot of silly things. Call her out, move on.

She was certainly gentle about it. :)

I do not believe that the HC has a play for this.

From your little rant about bunting, DD wouldn’t be on their Team anyways. I don’t know what percentage of bunting is acceptable but there is no way DD is bunting even over 20% of the time at 10U.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you are making the point you are attacking any post that does not crucify the HC, I at least have gotten the point.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I don't know how much a kid is in jeopardy in a 10U game to be honest, I think that is a bit of a reach. It is just a classless move by someone that has no respect for the game. Probably a daddy coach. And that is bad enough and worthy of the mighty wrath of DFP.

I take it you have some connection to the catcher's team or a previous bad experience with this team or coach?

Apr 11, 2012
if it was older than 10U, I would put up with that one time....and one time only. Then it would be a mission to teach that coach a lesson on why no one does that....but at 10U there are a lot of POS coaches that don't know what they are doing.....

all the catcher has to do is reach out and touch her glove to the bat with that stunt....and it would force the ump to do something....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom