"Houston, we have a problem!"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Between innings one of the players ran up to me with a CD and told me to play a particular song. Thinking nothing of it I threw in the CD, punched play

Ah yes...I remember my DD warming up for a HS basketball game to "Hey ya!"

Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.
How bout; "apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur" and half the team "dropp'n real low" during warm ups. Wives thought it hilaaaarious. Father........... not so much!

I gotta tell a story on myself.....I was announcing my DD's feeder game two years ago. Between innings I would use my phone to play music while the defenses warmed up. My DD and her friends did not like my song selection (who doesn't like Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd and AC/DC?), anyway I decided I would give Pandora a try. Needless to say Pandora does not always play the "radio friendly' version of a song and I ended up broadcasting a song that dropped the F-bomb a couple of times before I realized it.......lesson learned!
The first year I did any announcing, there would be some complaining about the music (I tried to have a mix of everything) but some want Rap, some want Country, some want top 40, etc. So one day when I am not there, one of the seniors on the team gave the other announcer a cd of "Team Songs." The coaches had not listened to it, but fortunately he did before using it. Saved himself a lot of grief over the content.