YOU might be the problem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Admittedly, I used to ride dd up until about age 13. I forced her to pitch when she didn’t want to and would be pretty hard on her after games. It used to drive me crazy that she didn’t seem to have that fire that I had at her age.

I then decided to take a step back. I recognized that I wasn’t allowing her to enjoy the game. I stopped coaching her team and let her choose her own journey. She began to blossom and improve over the years. From season to season you’d see improvement.

Fast forward to this year - best thing that we did was find a strength and conditioning coach over the winter who is extremely positive and knows exactly what to do or say to get her hyped up. Over the past year she has become the type of player I knew she could be (finally, at 18 years old). I also have stopped having her throw every day. I have learned that the days after games what helps her the most is recovery work with her trainer, and she truly enjoys these sessions. She truly appears to be in love with the game now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom