HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
After three days of teaching TTB:

I'm guessing TDS likes this a lot. ;) She's shifting to her front foot before swing launch, and working in front of the rear hip.

Learning the feeling of shift-and-swing, the pulling rear leg, and launching the barrel from behind the rear hip was an important step in my DD's swing development...

Nov 26, 2020
I'm guessing TDS likes this a lot. ;) She's shifting to her front foot before swing launch, and working in front of the rear hip.

Learning the feeling of shift-and-swing, the pulling rear leg, and launching the barrel from behind the rear hip was an important step in my DD's swing development...

We're doing front foot elevated swings to get that feel along with 45 and 90 degree swings. Believe it or not this is already a big improvement as far as being too far forward.

Oct 2, 2017

I see tons of College girls doing that exact move on deck, and between swings.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Eric, not quite.. Yes shift the COM forward but not shift across the pelvis to the lead leg. Its why hitters are able to continue sitting for the off-speed without compromising the rear leg/hip relationship.

Oct 2, 2017
After three days of teaching TTB:

If you are trying to implement hlp or any other pattern at this moment. I would do the following if it was my DD. Jmo

1 -as I have said before to you slow the pace, she has to get set first just like a game pace. There is no budging on this one

2 - no stride stretch and fire type drill - to gain the feeling of what it's like to swing without momentum

3 - 1 leg flamingo drill, 45, drills

4- weighted medicine ball pendulum swings to feel how to control weight

5 - TTB drill such as the helicopter drill.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802