Help Please, 12U Glove...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Interesting, thanks for the knowledge. Steerhide with wimpy laces? Rawlings had owned Easton for a while at that point…

This one any better? Asking for a middle infielder learning to control her cannon. Trying to figure out what to do next, going through Wilson youth gloves every 6 months.

I have never been a fan of Easton gloves, so I might be a bit biased.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I have never been a fan of Easton gloves, so I might be a bit biased.
I feel the same way, I’ve only owned one Easton before, a 12” Horween Small Batch from when the Glove Cowboy was running the glove program there. Gotta say, it’s easily one of the best, well made gloves I’ve ever owned, an absolute tank! Sold it to a member here.

IMG_0970.jpegIMG_0968.jpegIMG_0971.jpegIMG_0969.jpeg

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Jul 30, 2024
At her age I would have her try the 'two in pinkie' way of holding the glove, it makes it much easier to squeeze.
Thanks for your input. I was just made aware that these gloves exist! but has my intrigued for sure since our biggest thing is hand strength and squeezing glove.
Is there a 3 finger glove you recommend?
Thanks in advance

Feb 14, 2023
Thanks for your input. I was just made aware that these gloves exist! but has my intrigued for sure since our biggest thing is hand strength and squeezing glove.
Thanks in advance
We have the Marucci Acadia catchers mitt and it broke in fairly quickly. 2 sessions of pounding on it with a couple weeks of playing catch. My 11 year old DD has the Mizuno MVP Select from Dick's. We just finished our third season with it and I am about to try and do my first re-lace job to hopefully get some of its old shape back. I don't like the way it closes now, but then there is the fact she refuses to do two-in-the-pinky!

Whatever you decide to buy, I would just tell her to try two-in-the-pinky for a week and see if she doesn't like it better. Especially if she is primarily an outfielder. By then, it will be second nature.

You don't need to buy a special glove for TIP. Just have her jam her pinky/ring finger into the same last slot, and move the middle and pointer finger one slot over as well.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Thanks in advance
As others have said, the TIP makes a huge difference, especially at the younger ages. You don't need to get a special glove for it, as most pinky stalls are already wide enough to accommodate the pinky and ring finger.

Jul 30, 2024
As others have said, the TIP makes a huge difference, especially at the younger ages. You don't need to get a special glove for it, as most pinky stalls are already wide enough to accommodate the pinky and ring finger.
Ahh gotcha, makes sense. Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
wish you loved providing input on these new member glove threads! jk jk thanks
So after reading your original post, trust me, you don't want my glove input! Gloves I recommend, you and your daughter don't want!

Actually my glove input for her is a glove that fits and closes easily, and she likes!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury