Help Please, 12U Glove...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 30, 2024
My 11 yo daughter just started playing last spring, we didn't go all out with equipment, but she absolutely loved it and will continue to play. With gloves, theres so many options and information would love recommendations.. not sure position quite yet but she primarily plays outfield, very little 2b. Don't need very top of the line I'd say anything < $200. She's not that strong so something easy to squeeze / break in would be great. Very much appreciate any help in advance

Jul 15, 2024
You might check out the Marucci Acadia in a 12 or 12.5. It’s one of their intermediate level gloves, $99, looks great, and sized well for 12” softballs. Mizuno also makes great gloves. Rawlings makes a glove series called the Liberty Advanced, and Marucci has a series called the Oxbow, but those are more serious gloves and will need a little breaking in.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2024
You might check out the Marucci Acadia in a 12 or 12.5. It’s one of their intermediate level gloves, $99, looks great, and sized well for 12” softballs. Mizuno also makes great gloves. Rawlings makes a glove series called the Liberty Advanced, and Marucci has a series called the Oxbow, but those are more serious gloves and will need a little breaking in.
Awesome, this is great info thank you so much. Marucci wasnt on my radar so will have to check it out. My thing is ease of squeezing and breaking in > more serious gloves that need broken in. shes in 12u, so looking just to last few years and get new glove once she hits high school if still playing. Have been looking into Mizuno MVP, thoughts? also, what webbing do you recommend

Jul 15, 2024
Awesome, this is great info thank you so much. Marucci wasnt on my radar so will have to check it out. My thing is ease of squeezing and breaking in > more serious gloves that need broken in. shes in 12u, so looking just to last few years and get new glove once she hits high school if still playing. Have been looking into Mizuno MVP, thoughts? also, what webbing do you recommend

I’ll defer to the dads with older girls on the MVP Prime… I’m more familiar with their baseball gloves at that tier. But my assumption would be it’s a semi-serious glove for a strong pre-teen or young teenager. Given your description I would think the Prospect or Franchise series is appropriate for your daughter.

As far as webbing… if she is toggling between infield and outfield, a single post or an H web would likely be best. The I-web is best for infielders and it also typically signifies a shallower pocket (bad for outfield). The Modified Trap (T-web) is best for outfielders, bc a quick-twitch short stop might get their fingers caught in all those laces. And a closed web is usually for pitcher.

Having said all that, at 11/12 Rec, the fit and feel of the individual is much more important than having the “correct” web, so if she loves a color, or design, or a certain size or fit, then its ok to roll with it.

Jul 15, 2024

Here is another option I would consider if my daughter was 11. Easton has been inconsistent about gloves since being acquired by Rawlings (their baseball offerings are awful now). This is from a couple years ago and can still be found in local stores and amazon. My 8u DD thought it was beautiful but sadly too much structure for her right now.

Maybe someone here can shed light on why this one wasn’t more successful. Seems great for 11.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Here is another option I would consider if my daughter was 11. Easton has been inconsistent about gloves since being acquired by Rawlings (their baseball offerings are awful now). This is from a couple years ago and can still be found in local stores and amazon. My 8u DD thought it was beautiful but sadly too much structure for her right now.

Maybe someone here can shed light on why this one wasn’t more successful. Seems great for 11.

Because the palm padding was not as good as their competitors and the laces stunk. We sold a bunch in the store, but they couldn't break into the market that Rawlings and Wilson have.

Jul 15, 2024
Because the palm padding was not as good as their competitors and the laces stunk. We sold a bunch in the store, but they couldn't break into the market that Rawlings and Wilson have.

Interesting, thanks for the knowledge. Steerhide with wimpy laces? Rawlings had owned Easton for a while at that point…

This one any better? Asking for a middle infielder learning to control her cannon. Trying to figure out what to do next, going through Wilson youth gloves every 6 months.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury