Canady rumor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For a team who just hired a new coach. As expected, it was all about the money. If that was her goal, good for her.

Mar 29, 2023
Texas Tech is immediately a legit WCWS contender. Kudos to Canady. I'll be pulling for her all year, especially since she didn't ring chase to OU.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Wow! That is an incredible amount of money for Canady. Congratulations to her. Personally, I would have like to see Canady stay at Stanford but if I had a kid the same situation there is no way I would tell them not to take the 2.4 million dollars over two years. Very good financial move for Canady.

Nov 5, 2014
Wow! That is an incredible amount of money for Canady. Congratulations to her. Personally, I would have like to see Canady stay at Stanford but if I had a kid the same situation there is no way I would tell them not to take the 2.4 million dollars over two years. Very good financial move for Canady.
100% agree. I said to leave Stanford you better be getting life changing money and she did. Good for her!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You called it.

"Her NIL agreement with Texas Tech will reach seven figures annually, a source confirmed to ESPN. It's an unprecedented deal for a college softball player made possible by Texas Tech boosters John and Tracy Sellers."
Thank you, thank you!

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Texas Tech is immediately a legit WCWS contender. Kudos to Canady. I'll be pulling for her all year, especially since she didn't ring chase to OU.
There is more to a WCWS contender than one top-level pitcher. Sure, it can put Texas Tech in the running for a Big 12 championship now that Texas and OU have departed. After the regular season, it takes elite hitting to score against the best pitching and some excellent defense. A new coach with Canady and some transfers from the Sun Belt Conference isn't rolling over the SEC. The only way she's going to WCWS is if she gets hold of a ticket.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023
There is more to a WCWS contender than one top-level pitcher. Sure, it can put Texas Tech in the running for a Big 12 championship now that Texas and OU have departed. After the regular season, it takes elite hitting to score against the best pitching and some excellent defense. A new coach with Canady and some transfers from the Sun Belt Conference isn't rolling over the SEC. The only way she's going to WCWS is if she gets hold of a ticket.
Texas Tech was statistically much better than Stanford was, and she had Stanford close.

People underestimate how bad Stanford was because Canady carried them.

It's also a pitcher's game, especially in softball when women can pitch substantially more percentages of the schedules than men.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach