Texas Tech Softball $10,000 NIL Deal for softball players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Was thinking about how the NIL really adds another thing onto an already full plate for athletes in college.

Imagine all the now extra conversations about how much $$$ players are getting.
The opportunities to try and get more $$$ and those that get less or none.

At some point is that a distraction?
It certainly sounds like it's going to be an influencer.
I know a job is part of life but the added job of seeing how much more income a student player can get seems like this is adding a lot.

For those that already recognize there is pressure in being a student athlete this can add to that pressure.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Was thinking about how the NIL really adds another thing onto an already full plate for athletes in college.

I know a job is part of life but the added job of seeing how much more income a student player can get seems like this is adding a lot.

For those that already recognize there is pressure in being a student athlete this can add to that pressure.
Hendon Hooker must be super distracted. His NIL deal is rumored to be well over a million bucks to play QB in college for one year.

Jun 27, 2021

It throws a new dynamic not only in recruiting but also in the clubhouse. Kid will choose not to go to their dream school because another team showed them a better NIL package/deal. Texas Tech 10K, Arkansas providing cars and Oklahoma operating on another level. Most schools not named Oklahoma don't have the financial investment in their softball program and won't have deals that move the needle. It is already causing some schools to have clubhouse internal issues as kids established with schools don't have deals but kids coming in from the portal have deals before they hit campus.

Jun 27, 2021
Hendon Hooker must be super distracted. His NIL deal is rumored to be well over a million bucks to play QB in college for one year.
Texas AM gave the blueprint last year on NIL by signing kids to 3 year deals. Nico the #2 QB is headed to Tennessee next year with a reported 8M deal and since he's in CA he gets a nice payday on NSD.

Apr 1, 2017
The WR that left Pitt to join USC supposedly made $3 mil on a NIL deal with United. Short of being a top 15-ish pick in the NFL draft, he'll be taking a paycut to go pro....

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What about the coaches,... shouldnt they be getting in on some of this NIL exposure. They're coaching likeness and image.

HMMM 😏 wonder if I'd coach College again for a paycheck plus a Ford Raptor...
And then stop coaching after that year because ya 'kno I have a Ford Raptor so I'm going to be out in the Mojave desert in 4x4...
For now
🥳 I'm happy with my Tacoma

Dec 11, 2010
What about the coaches,... shouldnt they be getting in on some of this NIL exposure. They're coaching likeness and image.

HMMM 😏 wonder if I'd coach College again for a paycheck plus a Ford Raptor...
And then stop coaching after that year because ya 'kno I have a Ford Raptor so I'm going to be out in the Mojave desert in 4x4...
For now
🥳 I'm happy with my Tacoma
Rad, A lot of coaches have that in their contract. DD’s coaches deals appear to be with a Chevy dealership. Couple Trailblazers and a Tahoe. All look nicely equipped!

Oct 17, 2022
It throws a new dynamic not only in recruiting but also in the clubhouse. Kid will choose not to go to their dream school because another team showed them a better NIL package/deal. Texas Tech 10K, Arkansas providing cars and Oklahoma operating on another level. Most schools not named Oklahoma don't have the financial investment in their softball program and won't have deals that move the needle. It is already causing some schools to have clubhouse internal issues as kids established with schools don't have deals but kids coming in from the portal have deals before they hit campus.
I suppose in this case the kid's dream was to get a better deal. If his dream was to go to school, he would have gone to it, even with not the best offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles