barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
Clemenslee, can you show me one high level hitter (We know AJ doesn't match) matching while attempting to ttb vs swing down to like all the players are talking about.

This doesn't match either.

ZR3yDY5.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Your trying to divert, because you have Bonds doing 2 different things. in you r Gifs. Matt is a little loose with a little bit of his actions, for example his head pulling out, is way off. But the early barrel turn behind is what I see in the infamous Pujols swing.

Not divering anything.. Just hoping something will stick with the folks hung up on ttb as an action.

Oct 2, 2017
Can you duplicate this move while pulling on the handle

ppX39NF.gif

No, and he isn't ether because his first move is not a pull, If anything the action he is performing is trying to keep the barrel above the hands, because the initial move is the barrel to be pivoted around the hands. He is probably trying not to be too loopy.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Many of the pros focus on hand path, while not taking barrel path into consideration. Rich tends to focus more on barrel path, while not focusing as much on hand path. In my opinion, when you mesh the two, they become much more similar.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Now we are just gonna make things up? The pros focus on the hands being direct. They concentrate on keeping the barrel up. The pros concentrate on both!

TM concentrates on his agenda and how to dance around the fact that his model isn’t a match. Until he learns to use the frontside of his body. He will keep applying band-aid after band-aid.

Oct 2, 2017
Now we are just gonna make things up? The pros focus on the hands being direct. They concentrate on keeping the barrel up. The pros concentrate on both!

TM concentrates on his agenda and how to dance around the fact that his model isn’t a match. Until he learns to use the frontside of his body. He will keep applying band-aid after band-aid.

A serious question: Do those who hold to TTB, do they not also try to be direct to the ball to? The barrel above the hands is what I stated earlier to TDS.

Jun 8, 2016

Keeping the barrel up and barrel path are not exactly the same thing unless you plan on hitting the ball with the knob...right ;) ? Like I said before most hitters "feel" hitting in their hands so it makes sense that they describe what their hands are doing, including the feel of keeping the barrel above the hands during the initial portion of the swing. Before all this internet BS, e.g. when I was growing up, good hitters were described as having quick hands, fast hands, etc. Hands centric descriptions have been around a long time.

Oct 2, 2017
Not sure what you’re asking. Are you speaking of ‘bat tip’ towards the pitcher as ‘hold’?

You stated "The pros focus on the hands being direct. ". I'm asking, do those who hold to TTB, do they also believe and try to be direct to the ball as well? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you imply that if you are thinking TTB then you are not trying to be direct to the ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury