Wow!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I don’t know about the other players mentioned but Alex Storako left Michigan after four years. She was a fifth year at Oklahoma, seems like she met her commitment to Michigan.
She definitely did, and she always talked about how she missed Michigan. I'm just saying she went to OU to win the ring.

Jul 5, 2016
I just hope college football doesn't become it's own thing and all the Olympic / non revenue sports go away in college.
I don't think that will happen. Or maybe it will happen slowly. For most colleges, football is the most expensive sport an is a money loser. I know colleges that cut other sports to focus on football.

I think it might be a good thing if the money sports became independent of colleges.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The sad part is, perhaps naively, I thought this was about softball. The NIL money definitely makes the difference between the haves and have nots something that will ruin the sport. While I agree the NCAA and college have made money off these kids for decades, this just proves schools and couldn't care less about the education they're supposedly receiving. All it is to them is big business.

May 27, 2013
I’m hearing 500K. OU supposedly paid Maxwell 250K for one year. Canady should be worth at least twice that for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rest of the D1 teams (other than the typical top contenders) should just give up then. They will never be able to recruit and keep athletes if some schools can afford to offer this type of money. Why even have a WCWS? The school that can pay the most will most likely win each time. That’s really disappointing.

Sep 1, 2021
I just hope college football doesn't become it's own thing and all the Olympic / non revenue sports go away in college.
It will go the way of other minor league sports. People are going to stop caring and the money will go away.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
And for the average SB player (which, let’s face it - the majority of college players are) that moment comes and goes VERY quickly. “Glory Days….”
Trophies do not buy houses, cars, or nice vacations. They don't help much with the rent either. Degrees from Stanford pay dividends. Now in football the NIL money can create life time financial security. Softball not quite there yet.
Oh, BTW, AC at most D1 schools don't make very much money and need another job to make ends meet. I don't think JT has another job though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805