Is there a "Bat Bros" for fastpitch bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2020
NY
That is surprising to me. I thought it would be at least even. Where I live in MD, there are many, many more girls playing fastpitch softball in rec and travel teams than boys playing baseball. I never hear of any guys playing in local travel teams. Plus with fastpitch bats breaking much more frequently than baseball bats resulting in girls needing bats more frequently. Learn something new every day. =)
I live in NY and unfortunately it is the opposite here so not so surprising to me. Travel baseball is completely saturated...Every 20 miles there is a 15 field complex filled all year long with baseball (between perfect game tournaments, usssa, etc) and softball you have to travel much further for quality tournaments.
But not only that in baseball they literally force you to buy different bats. In little league the boys are only allowed to use "USA bats", then in travel up until the age of 13 they can use usssa bats (the hottest bats), then once they become 13years old they are forced to trade that in and get a bbcor bat. But now on top of that at the age of 13 some tournaments are allowing them to use usssa bats, but only in drop5. Its a friggin mind numbing to try and keep track of.
That coupled with the fact (in my case anyways) that the vanity scale seems to be much higher in young boys than girls as well lol. My daughter and her friends get new bats when they need one. She seems to have the "nope my easton ghost with 15 cracks in it still hits good so i am fine with it" attitude, where my son and his friends get a new bat and then want the newest one as soon as it comes out (i dont buy it for him, but it does drive more sales).

Feb 3, 2020
NY
Found this for fastpitch bats

Ha i saw this video too...It was one of the reasons that I made this post. I love the idea of it and its a good start, but I like a little more data. This video is a little more subjective. She is giving her opinion on what she liked.
They did use the rapsodo to track exit velo, etc which is great, but comparing that many bats at once I am not sure works as well.
In either case I think she did a really nice job and I hope they catch on and she starts doing a bunch of videos so she can go more in depth with one on one bat battles etc.

On a side note the guy pitching is wearing a "closeoutbats" shirt which is a store 15 minutes from my house so I am wondering where this was filmed ha

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I live in NY and unfortunately it is the opposite here so not so surprising to me. Travel baseball is completely saturated...Every 20 miles there is a 15 field complex filled all year long with baseball (between perfect game tournaments, usssa, etc) and softball you have to travel much further for quality tournaments.
But not only that in baseball they literally force you to buy different bats. In little league the boys are only allowed to use "USA bats", then in travel up until the age of 13 they can use usssa bats (the hottest bats), then once they become 13years old they are forced to trade that in and get a bbcor bat. But now on top of that at the age of 13 some tournaments are allowing them to use usssa bats, but only in drop5. Its a friggin mind numbing to try and keep track of.
That coupled with the fact (in my case anyways) that the vanity scale seems to be much higher in young boys than girls as well lol. My daughter and her friends get new bats when they need one. She seems to have the "nope my easton ghost with 15 cracks in it still hits good so i am fine with it" attitude, where my son and his friends get a new bat and then want the newest one as soon as it comes out (i dont buy it for him, but it does drive more sales).
And those bats are so ugly. The girls bats are much more subdued. Have you seen the Easton Hype Fire? Or how about the Victus Pencil? Perhaps the Soldier Tank? DeMarini Zoa?

The softball dads are clueless when they call me for a bat for baseball and say , "I need a CatX for my son." My response is what size, sanction, drop. They have no idea how many options there are. And if you get the wrong one, you can't use it.

Nov 26, 2020
It's also cost prohibitive because of how expensive the bats are. My daughter does lessons with MegRem, I'll ask her what she thinks. If the video would get a lot of views she would definitely do them.

Jul 15, 2024
I'm really not as offended as you may think. However, I do try and remind some members who only think about "softball dads" and rarely about the women who put in their time and effort too.

To he honest, you seem more than a bit offended with your "inclusive language comment." As you say you are married and have a daughter, I'd think you would not be so quick to jump onto something that really didn't involve you from the beginning if someone was using levity to give a gentle reminder.

As a supporter of my wife and daughter, I'd be happy to see someone remind people that women are involved also. But like I said, you do you Gambler Bob.

Have a good night.
Hi Tide, a simple request, I think a lot of us would appreciate if you stop being the “Mom police”. No one here thinks women should cook and clean simply because they say dads shop for bats. If they believed what you suggest, they wouldn’t be letting their daughters play softball. This comes across as being argumentative and it derails threads, and your point isn’t nearly as compelling as you believe it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805