University of Memphis Softball Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Daughter went to a college camp in Chicago (Easton Rawlings Tournament) FSU and many other good softball schools were at the camp. Travis Wilson seemed to be very friendly with the girls. I have no idea what position Travis played but he was very good at pitching front toss to the girls that attended the FSU portion of the camp. Travis was the only person at the camp that was throwing front toss with a full underhand motion.
I like Travis. He is the best. I really don't know him, but coaches that can't properly throw front toss, suck. I hate the sidearm swing around the screen toss too.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I like Travis. He is the best. I really don't know him, but coaches that can't properly throw front toss, suck. I hate the sidearm swing around the screen toss too.
I feel a little better about myself since I windmill my front toss sessions. Thanks. It does get a little dicey getting back behind the screen in time to avoid the line drives when I'm only 25' away.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I feel a little better about myself since I windmill my front toss sessions. Thanks. It does get a little dicey getting back behind the screen in time to avoid the line drives when I'm only 25' away.
This is the best pitching screen out there. It's reversible for baseball and softball, so there's no need to duck and hide after the pitch is released. I've used it for years with my girls, and I've never once been hit.Screenshot_20240801_135503_Brave.jpg

Aug 3, 2024
Does anyone know why they haven't named a coach or any candidates? Didn't see much of the players in the portal.
New AD just started and want to be part of the process. Willing to bet something is officially announced soon, maybe even today. Definitely within the next week.

Aug 3, 2024
The AD was hired more than a month ago. No reason the job shouldn't be filled by now
Their official first day was July 22 and he was going to be part of the first coaching hire under his leadership. The softball job wasn’t officially posted until July 1. These things aren’t an overnight process. Expect an announcement soon.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
September 1st is rapidly approaching and I believe Cal State Fullerton and UC Riverside are without a HC. Is it the money? The required masters degree? The cost of living in so Cal?
Incompetent AD?

Aug 3, 2024
September 1st is rapidly approaching and I believe Cal State Fullerton and UC Riverside are without a HC. Is it the money? The required masters degree? The cost of living in so Cal?
Incompetent AD?
You could say yes to all of those. The candidate pool may be thinner for those reasons, and the school may not be overwhelmed by any one person. Or, it could be they found the right person but negotiations are ongoing due to money, paying for relocation or the like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalWood1013