Wilson a2k or Mizuno Classic? Advice HELP!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2013
OK here's the deal. My daughter turns 13 this month and I want to get her a really nice glove. She worked hard this year and I feel she has earned it. School season is over so now its reck league then all star then indoor league this winter. She plays center field or 2nd Base 99% o the time and right now has a Miken Super Soft 12.5 inch. Its a pretty nice.glove but doesnt really seem to wrap th ball enough to suit me. Ive messed with a little bit myself and other girls on the school team have tried it and sometimes the ball just doesnt stick even after a whole season and Lord only knows how many practices. Of these 2 which one would you recommend? Wilson a2k or Mizuno Classic? I know there is a little difference in price but I'm not worried about that because this one will b with her for a while. Good padding is important to me and her. Last year she had an Akedamia reptilian and really liked it but it didn't have much padding and I could tell it was bothering her some. Thanks ahead for all the advice. Thanks and take care.

Oct 10, 2011
Vinci

Agreed! Casedawg hooked DD up with a custom 12.5" kip leather glove with an H-web and she loves it. She even had her name stitched on it.
He knows his gloves!
Of those two...a2k from what I've heard.

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
DD had an Akadema AJB74 in 10U, an Akadema ATS77 in 12U, and now has a Wilson A2K in 14U. All are good gloves for those age levels. The AJB74 was perfect for infield with an 11" ball. The ATS77 was a good glove for 12U with a 12" ball. For 14U, she needed a stiffer glove, and at 13 years-old was is now strong enough to handle it. The Wilson A2K has fit the bill nicely.

I am sure the Vinci would be great. I will probably go that route next.

Feb 25, 2013
Sweet lookin glove iMlearning! I'll prob get a hold of Casedawg before long just gonna take my time and make sure I get the right glove. Don't want to have to buy another for a few years. I think ive decided its either gonna be a Mizuno Classic or Vinci. Thanks for all the good advice everybody! Keep it coming.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
FWIW:
DD has the Mizuno Classic Catcher's mitt and loves it. Still looks and works great, however we did have some stitching let go after about a year of continuous use.
She has an A2000 1B mitt, also loves that. It appears to be a better piece of leather and a bit better made than the Mizuno, but she just hasn't used it long enough to say.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1