What the #$%#$@?? Ump on the fritz!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The parents are unbelievable.

Good gawd.
You say this like you are surprised...Parents are by far the worse thing about youth sports in 2021. Heck my DW told me a Dad on Marcela's bball team was getting on her about a bad pass she made when his kid can barely catch a pass. Luckily I don't go to the games..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You say this like you are surprised...Parents are by far the worse thing about youth sports in 2021. Heck my DW told me a Dad on Marcela's bball team was getting on her about a bad pass she made when his kid can barely catch a pass. Luckily I don't go to the games..
There's a lot to be said about coaching a team full of orphans.....sign me up!

Jun 8, 2016
There's a lot to be said about coaching a team full of orphans.....sign me up!
Really..I had to get off Marcela's softball team's groupme because of all the idiotic comments..I couldn't take it anymore. I tried to watch a game in person this year and had to walk away. They should shut their mouths either way, but most of them don't know the difference between a FC and a hit yet they still feel the need to yap about everything. I have very low tolerance for ignorance and no filter..

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Those boxes do look whacked. More because of the alignment than whether the lines are too close to the plate. Heck, we saw that during the WCWS. That said, regardless of how justified, the ump's actions look a bit unusual. I think if I were working that game, I think I'd call both HCs over and explain what I was doing and why. Sucks all the drama right out of it.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Those boxes do look whacked. More because of the alignment than whether the lines are too close to the plate. Heck, we saw that during the WCWS. That said, regardless of how justified, the ump's actions look a bit unusual. I think if I were working that game, I think I'd call both HCs over and explain what I was doing and why. Sucks all the drama right out of it.

Yeah, nothing about that video makes any sense. Why are the boxes new? Why aren't the circle and foul lines done? Was this before the game? During the game? Who is the guy who "ejects" the ump? What does the first coach say to him? Why does he wipe them out? What does he say to the coaches? Bizarre all around.

May 1, 2018
The fact that his foot covered all of the foul line and half the plate.....something is wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1