Very specific glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
So, my daughter was told today that she's going to play 2B when she's not catching, which will be 75% of the time. Her new catcher's mitt isn't ready, but her fielding glove is a 12.5 Nokona that was originally purchased as an OF glove. I'm not buying another glove again...

Oh, did I mention she hasn't played 2B since LL?

Jun 8, 2016
So, my daughter was told today that she's going to play 2B when she's not catching, which will be 75% of the time. Her new catcher's mitt isn't ready, but her fielding glove is a 12.5 Nokona that was originally purchased as an OF glove. I'm not buying another glove again...

Oh, did I mention she hasn't played 2B since LL?
Odd...their backup SS/3B must not be able to hit water if they were falling out of a boat..

I am sure @ANNASDAD has a glove or 20 he could let her borrow..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Odd...their backup SS/3B must not be able to hit water if they were falling out of a boat..

I am sure @ANNASDAD has a glove or 20 he could let her borrow..
According to her, they want her bat in the lineup, but they want to flex for one of the outfielders. This is D3 softball, so we're not talking Big 12 or SEC softball here.

Jan 8, 2019
I feel partly responsible for this. Like I stood at the top of a giant snow covered hill, and pushed a snowball down.

Can‘t wait to hear the crash when it hits bottom! Hoping for a lot of pix of a beautiful new mitt, beautifully broken in by @ANNASDAD. Something with maybe just a hint of color to bring out the extra thickness of the tan tanners laces.

Time to let her narrow it down to 2-3 gloves so she can have time to finish breaking it in!

Gotta love the smell of Horween in the morning!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I feel partly responsible for this. Like I stood at the top of a giant snow covered hill, and pushed a snowball down.

Can‘t wait to hear the crash when it hits bottom! Hoping for a lot of pix of a beautiful new mitt, beautifully broken in by @ANNASDAD. Something with maybe just a hint of color to bring out the extra thickness of the tan tanners laces.

Time to let her narrow it down to 2-3 gloves so she can have time to finish breaking it in!

Oh, it's not your fault. There has never been a thread about gloves that Buttermaker could resist.

For a $300 price point, you can get most stock gloves that we carry at SPC Sports. The few exceptions would be the new Wilson line and most Pro Preferred Rawlings gloves.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Yeah, 100% your fault! Let’s start over again in the morning! 😉

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321