Another glove question.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2020
I’m looking to make a new glove purchase for my DD who’s going into 8 grade. I’m wanting to purchase a pro grade glove however I have a few questions. She plays 2nd base and currently uses an Easton Pro size 12 fastpitch glove however, she struggles with the ball popping out at times. The pocket depth appears to be rather shallow with the glove structure not allowing for much if any deeper pocket forming. The glove is about 85% broke in and I feel as though it might not be the correct glove. What are most D1 2nd using, are they using baseball gloves? Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
Are the pop ups popping out? Grounders? When you play catch with her - is she catching it in the web or on the palm?

Lastly - has she tried “two in pinky” - aka TIP - basically shifting her fingers a slot to the right, doubling up the pinky and ring fingers. Gives many players a stronger “snap” to close the glove, and also creates a slightly deeper pocket.

IF gloves will often come with shallow pockets to minimize transfer time on grounders.

Oct 27, 2020
Good question. It’s mostly pop ups and playing catch. She doesn’t seem to have an issue with grounders. Also, I might suggest the TIP method too and see what happens. I just want to make sure any trials or issues are not related to her dad not providing the correct equipment.

Nov 8, 2020
Definitely recommend two in the pink.
It helps you close more pinky to thumb which will give you a deeper pocket and help prevent the ball popping back out.

12" is bigger than most of the MIFs use in my kid's organization where those girls use pretty much all 11.5" or an occasional 11.75" glove if they're middles

These are 12", 11.75", 11.5" and 11.25" gloves left to right. Not too huge of a difference size wise. These are also Rawlings and Wilson gloves so they will all be similarly sized. Some manufacturers gloves aren't as consistently sized, these 2 generally are. View attachment 2234420210602_133738.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
I'd start with two in the pinkie before buying anything. It really might solve everything immediately.

Both my girls do TIP and they are like bear traps -- nothing comes out.

Oct 27, 2020
The feedback is greatly appreciated! DD and I went out the last two nights and tried the TIP. It seemed to do the trick! Thanks!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood