Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think this whole thing is the catcher's fault, put some effort into your acting for God's sake, was that Keaneu (not going to google it for spelling so live with it) Reeves behind the plate?

If something goes wrong, ALWAYS blame the catcher.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
If something goes wrong, ALWAYS blame the catcher.

Exactly. Pitcher gets the glory, catcher gets the blame. But seriously, she could have sold that a lot better, and it would have helped if they waited a couple of pitches to do it. Still not saying it was right, but the only thing I hate more than bad decisions are stupid execution of bad decisions. It's not like you had to sell the fact that the pitcher threw a little loose. just close your glove a little early on a high one. I totally could have gotten away with it if I planned it.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
and I love how Nazi comparisons can be used to prove both sides of just about anything. Kids can be called brainwashed Nazi's for following orders, coach can be called a Nazi for abusing someone of a different color (blue), ump can be called a Nazi because he was abusing his power. Parents are Nazis, well they are TB parents so it is self explanatory.

last post on this topic I swear, I realize I am the only one sick enough to find the whole thing amusing...

Feb 7, 2013
There are 2 Cal Cruisers 18U teams and this one is run by the head of the organization, Mel Sievers. He is the one that went out to the circle. The chirping you hear on the video is from spectators, not the coaches.

It also looks like one of his relatives, Jay Sievers (son, brother?) also coaches some of the Cal Cruiser teams out of this organization. I wonder if this is really an isolated incident or just happened to be caught on video this time? Hopefully he apologized to the team, parents, and umpires at some point and let everyone know that his behavior is completely unacceptable, especially as the head of one of the top travel ball organizations in the country. What a shame...

Jul 26, 2010
We've played them a bunch and never had an issue like this, they are some of the more annoying (complaining) coaches but not the most annoying. There's no rule against being annoying.

-W

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle