Strike out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Thanks, haven't looked at swing and misses. Just thinking DD gets a lot of strikes that they do not swing and off the handle or end of the bat first pitch outs.
Thinking about it even more, the friend (2nd DD), does have more swing and misses. She just walked in the door and I asked her and she said, because I bring the heat and walked off laughing. My daughter rolling her eyes and now they are laughing and arguing about who was the better pitcher 6 years ago. DD makes some girls just look foolish at times with swings but not normally on the 3rd strike. She threw her change to a pretty good 3 hole last night in the first inning and she stuck the bat out and basically bunted it back to her. The 3 hole was walking back to the dugout laughing and showing the coach how the bottom dropped out. Still made contact. Just odd, don't care as long as she can get the K when needed but that is the reason I'm asking.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
I guess as I was typing my reply you were writing this ha ha. There goes that theory. If your daughter has only walked one batter in 16 innings then she is probably too accurate. If she is over 70% strikes she is probably throwing to many strikes. She needs to use her accuracy more to her advantage because when you are accurate like her you can afford to throw intentional balls more knowing that you can come back and throw a strike. She also needs to learn when to go for a strike out and when not to. For example, if there’s a runner on third and one out it’s a great time for a strike out :)
Last night 33 strikes out of 46 pitches. Nothing down the middle. Their a two hitter in 5 innings of work. No walks and 2 strike outs. One ball hit hard all night.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I know this is hard without seeing the pitchers. My DD (15) and her best friend (16) take lessons from me. My DD throws a tad harder both mid 50's. Most people will tell you my DD has better spin but it's daily, IMO. My DD has an awesome change and the friend has a good change. My DD hits spots at an unreal percentage and her friend is almost as good. My DD pitches out of her glove and friend swings back. My DD has a slightly better ERA and slightly better in all stats except. Here is the question.

Friend has 19 strike outs and DD only has 5. Basically the same opponents. Through the years it has always been this way and I really have no clue why. Any thoughts?
Who's calling the pitches?

Jan 28, 2017
Last night 33 strikes out of 46 pitches. Nothing down the middle. Their a two hitter in 5 innings of work. No walks and 2 strike outs. One ball hit hard all night.
That's 2.7 pitches each batter and basically 9 pitches an inning.

Jan 28, 2017
My guess is your DD is throwing too many strikes. Doesn't grasp how to get them to chase. You should be calling and throwing about 60 percent strikes.
Gave up two hits in 5 innings last night. One was a 3-1 FB to the 9 hole. Probably grooved it down the pipe. The other hit was a good pitch at least a ball inside off the plate to the leadoff hitter. They just won that at bat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy